X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motherhucker View Post
    My son had a black light fixture, so Bob threw the discs into a box and put the light on top of it. I also tracked down a portable black light. The discs we have, the charge seems to hold for a while.

Where did you get the portable black light. We have been looking for one.

Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Comment

try Craftwarehouse 2000 in beaverton, otherwise internet for about $6.50. The UV flashlights work MUCH better though i switched to a 12 LED one last year and get a more intense glow from it especially in the Photon plastic which black lights don't seem to affect much. and they are easier to carry with a cost of about $10.

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
        Where did you get the portable black light. We have been looking for one.

Cindy
        I have a couple, NIB, that I got on the Internet. I never use them, I do LEDs now. PM me if interested, I'll sell or trade them for a song.
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
          Shucks, with a light that bright just light the hole and I'll throw my regular discs

We are actually able to follow the disc as it flies .. but we only do that on holes where the disc can be lost, we do like to pretend it is night time a little

Comment

LEDs work much better than glow discs. And you can still throw your favorite champion plastic, too...
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              LEDs work much better than glow discs. And you can still throw your favorite champion plastic, too...
              I second that! We actually have to use them around here since you would instantly lose a glo disc in the snow. The LED will illuminate the snow most of the time!
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

LEDs are nice, and it's nice getting to throw discs you are used to, but I prefer Photon. The glo is subtle, and it even works in snow. We were out at Horning's in 20 inches, and photon makes a really cool glo spot even from a few inches under. But use what works ... that's why it works
                educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                  LEDs are nice, and it's nice getting to throw discs you are used to, but I prefer Photon. The glo is subtle, and it even works in snow. We were out at Horning's in 20 inches, and photon makes a really cool glo spot even from a few inches under. But use what works ... that's why it works
                  We have tried all different sorts of glo up here. When the disc is under 10" of snow, there isn't one glo disc that you can see!! Forget it if it slices in and goes 30" down When that happens you can start to see the LED after digging for a little while

However, in the climate you people down south have, glo works pretty good most of the time
                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Anyone find a good place to get LED's for discs???

Comment

I buy em straight from Hong Kong on e-bay...
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

These are awesome
                        http://www.castawaylakes.com/NiteBriteBattery.html
                        i know they seem spendy but they usually last about 4 or 5 sessions of night golf.
                        Cheers Mat
                        Not as creative as keys

Comment

Originally posted by holdin8 View Post
                          Anyone find a good place to get LED's for discs???
                          Radio Shack is where I get mine.

Comment

How to charge a glow disc

The best way I found out to charge a glow disc is with a led black light.

Comment

FYI we found an LED black lite at Walmart the other day. It is the type you clip to a hat, and it has three led bulbs. It's in the flashlite section in sporting goods, and it is under $10. We tested it out with our disc's and it works great.

Cindy
                              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176
                              PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                                FYI we found an LED black lite at Walmart the other day. It is the type you clip to a hat, and it has three led bulbs. It's in the flashlite section in sporting goods, and it is under $10. We tested it out with our disc's and it works great.

Cindy
                                Which walmart? I looked online and didn't find it. There aren't any walmarts where I live, the nearest is St Helens(40min drive) or online. -guess I live a pretty uppity part of town.
                                "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X