X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stabilized destroyers

What I observed from the new stabilized discs is that they are super stiff, very domey, and have white swirls in them. I know Innova says they only released these blue discs with special stamps. BUT, I came across 2 destroyers that were red, were super stiff, had white swirls, and a production stamp. I am convinced these discs have been stabilized because they are much more stable than any other star destroyer I have thrown. Has anyone else come across any orcs or destroyers that seem to be the same way or am I just a luck box?
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Well, considering Innova can't make 2 discs that fly the same, I am not that surprised.... And once they do find a good mold, the first thing they want to do is tweak it? I may find myself throwing more Discraft this year. By the way, if anyone is looking for destabilized Destroyers, I have several of them... In fact, I have all kinds of destabilized discs, now that I think of it....
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

What ever TreeLove, you have just been hitting the gym and are starting to see the results with your 500ft crushes. What is a poor helpless stable disc supposed to do but flip over and hide in the rough hoping it will not have to feel the massive torque that you are now generating!

PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

Red star plastic is and has always been more stable than any other star plastic. No matter which mold, almost all red is stiffer and has more dome to it, as well. Not sure why but it's just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
          Red star plastic is and has always been more stable than any other star plastic. No matter which mold, almost all red is stiffer and has more dome to it, as well. Not sure why but it's just the way it is.
          I have also found this to be true (and was true with the original CE plastic). I have heard that different colors cool differently, which is what affects the stability.
          Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
            What ever TreeLove, you have just been hitting the gym and are starting to see the results with your 500ft crushes. What is a poor helpless stable disc supposed to do but flip over and hide in the rough hoping it will not have to feel the massive torque that you are now generating!

Touche! I did not mean to infer that I can controllably flip heavy overstable discs, but your comeback was priceless regardless.
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
              Touche! I did not mean to infer that I can controllably flip heavy overstable discs, but your comeback was priceless regardless.
              I would've voted it Best Of. If'n we had such a thing...

Comment

I noticed the red plastic to be more stiff also but this is definately different. It is a bit more pink because of the white mixed in it. I got two of them and threw them in the field today and they are much more stable than the other red destroyers I own. It is just as stable but seems to be a bit faster than the super domey champ destroyers I have thrown. They are pretty cool.
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X