Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

listen guys im not saying these guys cant throw far, i know avery can throw around 700 feet at sea level with out the wind.

what im saying is that the wind carries their discs for more distance, so in truth its not a true "distance" that the person threw.

and it really doenst take that much cordination to take advantage of the wind, even a noodle arm like myself can get the wind to carry my disc alot farther than i can actually throw it.

im not calling the players "bunk" im calling the competition and the conditions that they allow them to throw in for a so called "distance record" bunk. take away the wind and let the distance really speak for the players ability.
    Team HOSER:dancing:
    Team OLY:cheerleader:
    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

yeah thats just the nature of this record/competition. The previous record (which held for 10 years!) was also thrown in "perfect" wind conditions. Thats why they throw in locations where thats gonna happen.

The only option to make it completely free of outside wind forces is to throw in a giant indoor airplane hanger or something...your gonna be hard pressed to find a building 900+ feet long free of all obstructions!!

Comment

Originally posted by leefou View Post
        yeah thats just the nature of this record/competition. The previous record (which held for 10 years!) was also thrown in "perfect" wind conditions. Thats why they throw in locations where thats gonna happen.

The only option to make it completely free of outside wind forces is to throw in a giant indoor airplane hanger or something...your gonna be hard pressed to find a building 900+ feet long free of all obstructions!!
        So you're saying the record held for that long because the wind conditions haven't been right?...

Comment

Back to the thread topic. Finally had the opportunity to throw the Blizzard Ape and.......

I wasn't that impressed. It was way flippier than the Blizzard Destroyers and Bosses I've been throwing of similar weights. Not what I expected out of an Ape at all.

Comment

wrong thread :/ so i might as well bump?
            Last edited by Big Red; April 21st, 2012, 05:05 PM.
            Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

Comment

I got my 150 blizzard destroyer while at Scott Papas place over the weekend, he had to talk me into it, actualy he had to throw them first and let me see it fly. I realy gota be careful with these, they are like little missles. These are realy darn easy to throw, and I dont have to do a 3 step. I just kinda flip the destroyer with some good upper body form and she(its pink) goes 300ft!!
              Right now I have 5 rounds of 18 holes on it, no real damage yet. I'm gona throw it on every drive I can, see how long it takes to kill it. I give it a month, thats about normal for champ/champ like plastic for me.
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

Both Blizzard boss and destroyer 138gs has helped improve my game tremendously

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X