X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
    Has anybody noticed their Blizzard discs concaving on them? I read a post on reddit of someones blizzard discs getting really floppy and concaved when it gets warm. That same afternoon I went and played with my girlfriend and her disc was totally concaved and way floppier than before. It wasn't that warm, but it was last week during our beautiful sunny day. She keeps her discs in a revo backpack with only about 10-12 discs so it's not getting crushed in her bag. And now she is flipping the disc over harder than she was. Anybody notice this?
    Well it would make sense since the flight plate has to be way thinner to accommodate the lightness of the disc. Bet that is something that will start to turn people off of them in the summer months.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
      Well it would make sense since the flight plate has to be way thinner to accommodate the lightness of the disc. Bet that is something that will start to turn people off of them in the summer months.

I was thinking the same thing.

these discs are interesting. Some have bubbles on the top and some don't. i have a 150 destroyer that doesn't have any distinguishable bubbles at all and seems pretty stiff, even was that day, but hers has a lot of bubbles on the flight plate. I guess we will just have to wait and see how they do in the heat.
      Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

seems that the sun is the kryptonite for the blizzards... I suppose you can't have sun and a blizzard at the same time.
        FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Originally posted by Rakoz View Post
          seems that the sun is the kryptonite for the blizzards... I suppose you can't have sun and a blizzard at the same time.
          Not sure on that one. My 150g Destroyer flew just fine in today's gorgeous sunshine.... What a day!

Comment

Picked up a 150 class blizzard destroyer the other day. I managed to put the blizzard destroyer out about 350 consistently and my throws with it were only getting better as the round went on. I found several holes when I planned on throwing two discs I threw the blizzard destroyer and the shot was perfect. I am currently averaging between 325 and 350 with my main drivers. I found the disc was responsive and worked for me in the trees and out in the open.
            "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

test results...

150 Blizzard Ape = 150 Z Flick with more speed and glide

* both require minimal correct form or arm speed to side-arm
              * both are great for skip shots or low ceiling/headwind shots
              * Blizzard Ape flies remarkably similar to the same weight blizzard boss
              * This disc will not remain in my bag

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post
                150 Blizzard Ape = 150 Z Flick with more speed and glide

* both require minimal correct form or arm speed to side-arm
                * both are great for skip shots or low ceiling/headwind shots
                * Blizzard Ape flies remarkably similar to the same weight blizzard boss
                * This disc will not remain in my bag

I'm sure I could find a home for it. What color is it?

Comment

I heard rumors over the weekend (including during the broadcast of the GBO) that David Wiggins Jr. threw a 134g Blizzard Champion Boss 836' in the dessert for a new distance record. I can't find any confirmation of this on the Internet - can anyone confirm or deny?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    I heard rumors over the weekend (including during the broadcast of the GBO) that David Wiggins Jr. threw a 134g Blizzard Champion Boss 836' in the dessert for a new distance record. I can't find any confirmation of this on the Internet - can anyone confirm or deny?
                    Innova posted it on their facebook page. i dont know if thats totall proof, but it sure is a good start.
                    Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonH View Post
                      Not sure on that one. My 150g Destroyer flew just fine in today's gorgeous sunshine.... What a day!

Yep, Her Katana is still a little floppy in the middle, but I threw the destroyer all day yesterday in the heat in the sun, and it flew great. I wasn't getting the distance I was expecting on saturday, so I put Erin's destroyer in my bag, I think now I will keep it after how well I was throwing it yesterday.
                      Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Wiggins

http://www.innovadiscs.com/home/492-...pion-boss.html
                        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Throw as high as possible into a huge side/tail wind and you get yourself a new record.
                          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                            Throw as high as possible into a huge side/tail wind and you get yourself a new record.
                            yeah, i have always thought these "distance" competitions were a bunch of bunk. it would be more credible if they only allowed thowing in 0-5 mile an hour wind, but with the wind they throw in it does all the work.
                            Team HOSER:dancing:
                            Team OLY:cheerleader:
                            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                              yeah, i have always thought these "distance" competitions were a bunch of bunk. it would be more credible if they only allowed thowing in 0-5 mile an hour wind, but with the wind they throw in it does all the work.
                              Until you go to one and try throwing anywhere near that far I would not debunk any of their efforts. There is a ton of coordination and skill involved with throwing that far, even with 14 MPH of wind. And, if it were that easy, why did the last record stand for so long?

Just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                                It is insanely hard to hit a good line to take advantage of the wind, and there is also quite a bit of luck involved with high winds. A thrower could do the exact same line 30 seconds apart and end up with a 200 foot difference in their distance.

That being said, David Wiggins Jr. can throw 600 feet in calm conditions so I wouldn't say the throw lacks credibility at all or that it is a bunch of bunch.
                                We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X