X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Do you find that you have to dial back the power to prevent flipping the disc?
    nope. i was cranking them. when parked hole 10 west i didnt even get the disc (blizz boss) to fully turn over. went hyzer... to straight... then hyzer finish.

granted they are easier to manipulate, i think when i did flip the disc over when practicing it was due to me turning my wrist. i have a hard time getting it to flip over on a straight hyzer

Comment

Ok, I'm sold. Time to go shopping.

Comment

I used to max out at 300. With the new Blizzard Destroyer I am able to throw it on a big hyzer line and still get 300.
        Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
        Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

yesterday i went down to Package Express in olympia and bought a 150 blizzard destroyer and a 155 blizzard boss. after spending a little more than 3 hours on the course and putting them through the paces, i am sold on them. they already have my name and number on them and have a place in the bag.

I am a Discraft thrower, most of my bag is discraft discs. after hearing people talk about the new blizzard plastic and reading about peoples experience with it on the forums i figured i would at least try it out.

I compared the 150 destroyer against a 175 destroyer i have, and i was thouroughly impressed. Every hole that i used the blizzard discs on they went farther than any of my other discs by 25-50 feet. i had my farthest throws on a few of the holes today with the blizzard destroyer. the flight charcteristics for the 150 destroyer were very close to the 175 destroyer. i never once turned either the 150 destroyer or the 155 boss over during my time out there today.

i feel like i went and spent 30 dollars for instant distance and game improvment! i didnt have to change the angle i threw at, or the power i threw at and i had a instant increase in distance with these 2 blizzard discs.

as a discraft thrower i didnt want to have so much success with this plastic, but it is such a game changer that i feel like i would be at a sever disadvantage without using the blizzard discs while playing against people that were using the blizzard plastic. i already dont have a super gun for an arm so this makes me feel like i can be more competitive in my game.

all in all I am extremely impressed with these two discs, i just really hope that innova will somehow finally start being consistant with their plastics from one run to the next.
          if you havent tried any of the blizzard plastic yet, it is well worth the time and/or money to find a disc and give it a shot.
          Team HOSER:dancing:
          Team OLY:cheerleader:
          Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

the bubbly stuff

I have a bunch where the bubbles are all in the rim with none in the plate.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            - Anonymous

Comment

Have any of the Blizzard Disc throwers tried them out into a head wind of 15+ mph? Just want to hear how well they fight the wind compared to the heavy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                Have any of the Blizzard Disc throwers tried them out into a head wind of 15+ mph? Just want to hear how well they fight the wind compared to the heavy stuff.
                Definitely a big impact. I would not reccomend it.
                Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
                Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                  My 150 Blizzard Katana fights it way off to the right.....way, way, way off to the right...over the fence, over the road....

Just like other Katanas...not for headwind.

Comment

I've thrown some sub 150 Destroyers in a head wind and so long as you compensate for the strength of the wind with angle (to a point) they fight well. Can't say anything about the rest as they are already flippy discs in a head wind. An Ape would be sweet for that situation.
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

I have the Blizzard Wraith 137 grams, and a Blizzard Boss 135 grams. I can almost turn the Boss but it actually dose the jog quite well. Unless I really try I can not turn it.
                      The Wraith at a 137 grams, is just the disc for finesse throws. Turns just right for that pretty "S" turn around that dang blasted tree you always hit.
                      Both disc are extremely light so in the wind unless a tail wind I put them away.
                      sigpic Gives a whole new meaning to the words Pulling you're Pork.

Comment

I bought a couple of Blizzard Destroyers and a couple of Blizzard Bosses - Destroyers and one Boss around 150, one Boss 137.- and finally had an opportunity to test drive them yesterday.

I started by throwing all of the destroyers and bosses that are currently in my bag to get a baseline. 3/4 of the Blizzard discs outdrove the baseline discs. This was the case for the second group as well. The results were consistent, but not dramatic. On average, I found about a 10 - 15' increase in distance.

They were certainly more overstable than I thought they would be. I could get them to turn a little bit, but they would always come back. If they don't beat in too quickly they will become nice additions to my bag. I still need to practice with these a bit to understand exactly what they'll do for me. My experince with the Destroyer and Boss really makes me want to get a Blizzard Ape - maybe in the 135 range.

My overall impression was that they flew very similarly to the beat in 170-175 Pro destroyers and Pro bosses that I currently throw - right off the shelf.

Comment

I just ordered a 150g Blizzard Boss. I was afraid anything flippier (e.g., Katana) would be an automatic inadvertent roller.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

nope my katana is stable as hell...no rollers to be had

Comment

I field-tested the 150g Blizzard Boss yesterday. It outflew my 164g Halo (previously my longest driver) almost every time. Throwing with 80%-90% power, I was putting it out there about 330' uphill and 350' downhill (SLIGHT uphill/downhill) — and this was my first time throwing in over a month.

Obviously it needed a little height and a decent amount of right-left room, but for wide-open shots, these things really could be game-changers.
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Has anybody noticed their Blizzard discs concaving on them? I read a post on reddit of someones blizzard discs getting really floppy and concaved when it gets warm. That same afternoon I went and played with my girlfriend and her disc was totally concaved and way floppier than before. It wasn't that warm, but it was last week during our beautiful sunny day. She keeps her discs in a revo backpack with only about 10-12 discs so it's not getting crushed in her bag. And now she is flipping the disc over harder than she was. Anybody notice this?
                                Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X