X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
    Cheers! To quote one of the greatest cartoons ever "It's a great day for science!"
    Sounds like a Bill Nye quote: "Science Rules!" He's kind of like a cartoon?
    -

Comment

Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
      Seems like a fair assumption... seeing that air is softer than plastic... so plastic with air in it would be softer than plastic without air in it... see how sciencey I can be? Happy Friday!
      I see that, but since the air is ensconsed (cool sciency word) in the plastic, so does it really make a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        I see that, but since the air is ensconsed (cool sciency word) in the plastic, so does it really make a difference?
        Maybe not... but my reasoning had to do with the fact that the air inside the plastic would make the plastic less dense. But who knows maybe it also absorbs shock better, increasing life?
        -

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
          Did you find much difference in stability between the 138g & 150g Apes?
          After throwing again today I think it is safe to say there is some difference in the stability. When throwing into the wind the difference was exaggerated quite a bit more.

On a side note I threw the 150 Ape from end line to end line of the soccer field (360 feet) going each direction.

and now I am tired.....
          Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
          Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaSquad View Post
            After throwing again today I think it is safe to say there is some difference in the stability. When throwing into the wind the difference was exaggerated quite a bit more.

On a side note I threw the 150 Ape from end line to end line of the soccer field (360 feet) going each direction.

and now I am tired.....
            Are you certain the soccer field is 360 from endline to endline? Soccer, unlike football, fields can vary in distance. I'm not trying to belittle your throw, just trying to make sure you get an accurate read.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Are you certain the soccer field is 360 from endline to endline? Soccer, unlike football, fields can vary in distance. I'm not trying to belittle your throw, just trying to make sure you get an accurate read.
              Absolutely. I actually used a range finder first and measured it at 120 yards. Then I googled later to find that a regulation soccer field is 360 feet. This is a brand new turf soccer field which makes the likelihood of it being regulation that much higher.

bottom line, to me, the dimensions of the soccer field lining up to the range finder distance is more than coincidence.
              Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
              Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

Absolutely. I actually used a range finder first and measured it at 120 yards. Then I googled later to find that a regulation soccer field is 360 feet. This is a brand new turf soccer field which makes the likelihood of it being regulation that much higher.

bottom line, to me, the dimensions of the soccer field lining up to the range finder distance is more than coincidence.
                Soccer fields have a general size - Adult regulation is from 100 to 120 yards. Youth fields can be considerably smaller. Having a range finder certainly removes all doubt!

Comment

and now I am tired.....
                  Thanks for the info!

Comment

I was lucky enough to get two katanas at 130 and 150 grams. They are flippy and require more hyser, but I get another 15-20% distance, which presently comes with a 20-30% loss in accuracy. I think I threw my first 400 foot drive today with the light one, but it was hard to say. Definitely has a spot in my bag, as now it puts some birdies in range when before I had no chance before. At my age, I play for excitement, and so I am thrilled to have this new plastic.

Comment

i parked (~2') BSF hole 10 West (435') today with my 150 blizzard boss. these discs are for real. earned a couple spots in my bag already...
                      Last edited by XandorF; March 12th, 2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

okay, fine!!!

fine! i'll get some damn blizzard plastic... if y'all love it so much, i guess...

... i am so ridiculously stubborn i was trying to convince myself it was just a fad that all the plastic geeks were getting excited about... but it looks like they're for real...
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                          fine! i'll get some damn blizzard plastic... if y'all love it so much, i guess...

... i am so ridiculously stubborn i was trying to convince myself it was just a fad that all the plastic geeks were getting excited about... but it looks like they're for real...
                          Told you! Plus they come in some super awesome girly colors. They most likely will be a part of the 2012 Chick Flick players pack, and maybe as fundraiser's too. Can you imagine our awesome stamp on those discs.

Cindy
                          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

Threw all of the ones I can get my hands on. The Boss is by far away the best flying one out of the bunch. Still not getting a spot in my bag as I have other discs that fly just as well.

Still, nothing wrong with 500 foot drives that feel effortless.
                            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Believe the hype. A 155g and 138g Boss have made their way into my bag. Im getting around 40ft more on drives at what feels like 75% power. The bosses have been very accurate for me, just a touch slow to come back in a headwind.

Comment

Do you find that you have to dial back the power to prevent flipping the disc?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X