X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentine's day present for the wife?
    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
      If you like custom baskets, this site might impress you. http://tholsten.com/baskets.html
      Very Cool Stuff! Thanks for sharing...

Comment

Hi guys! My name is kenny and I am the co-builder of these baskets. I wanted to say thanks for the complements! Also, if anyone is interested in one, or would like a basket custom built for them, just drop me a line. See ya out there!

Comment

Originally posted by fabguy View Post
          Hi guys! My name is kenny and I am the co-builder of these baskets. I wanted to say thanks for the complements! Also, if anyone is interested in one, or would like a basket custom built for them, just drop me a line. See ya out there!
          Sweet! Two Kennys that play disc golf in Bremerton. I hope you don't mind my asking, but it looks like you've got some skills the West Sound Disc Golf Association could use. Ever think of joining?

wsdga.org!

Comment

Right on, Kenny... a custom made basket would make a sick trophy/prize for a large tourney! Would you consider doing custom mini baskets?
            Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
              Right on, Kenny... a custom made basket would make a sick trophy/prize for a large tourney! Would you consider doing custom mini baskets?
              We are passionate about everything disc golf, and we would love to help our community in any way we can, so yes of course!

Comment

Not to rain on anyone's parade But I actually touched one and it's not worth $400

using Mach Lite gauge chains alone make it cheap.
                Welds are messy and big
                Powder coat or paint? Paint

All and all I would still buy a bentley save $50 and still get a real basket
                rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                  Not to rain on anyone's parade But I actually touched one and it's not worth $400

using Mach Lite gauge chains alone make it cheap.
                  I'm sorry you feel that way. We have used our baskets for countless hours with the chains being no detriment to gameplay. However, we had a customer request a thicker gauge chain on a basket, and we're getting right to work making 2 today with the thicker chain. The added expenses will not be forwarded to the customer. Cost will remain the same.

Welds are messy and big
                  Some welds are big, but that is how it was intended. We strength test every basket, and I'm proud to say they can support in excess of 500 lbs.

Powder coat or paint? Paint
                  If a customer would like their basket powder coated, simply ask and you shall receive
                  Please let me know if anyone has any additional concerns. Thanks guys. It looks pretty nice out there today. Best make use of it!

Comment

You would be better off If you sold them minus chains.

Then the price could drop by nearly 50%
                    $80 for materials (- chains)
                    $120-$140 Labor 3.5-4 hrs per basket

Shipping would be less also
                    rewindb.com

Comment

When baskets fail from abuse it most likely the cage/pole welds that will suffer.

Get three or four hoodlums jumping up and down on it and the welds will fail where they attached to the collar. The High bridge "Troy Built" modifications are best solution for this issue.

One inch flat stock is used to support cage from the base of the pole to the outer edge to it's outside edge.
                      rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by fabguy View Post
                        How about some bigger pictures of the spider basket than the Craigslist ad? Any more details about it you can add too.
                        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Interesting you bring that up. Our baskets are actually stronger than standard disc golf baskets as there is about 75% more steel (and larger diameter steel) and welds that go into them. Part of our strength testing includes afixing an angle measuring device to our basket, then we get a 200 lb guy to stand on the basket and jump up and down. It does not bend 1 degree. If one of you are brave enough, I challenge you to perform this same test on a standard basket.

Comment

Hey guys!

Here's what the new baskets are looking like. We have incorporated heavy chains, and we are offering the option to powder-coat.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65...Tuffspider.jpg
                            Last edited by fabguy; February 29th, 2012, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X