X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keen De Lavega

Looking to get a pair of these is there a particular pair of Keen shoes i can go and try on for a somewhat close size comparison any info would be greatly appreciated.

I've worn Keen's primarily for about 3 years now. General rule of thumb with there products is go a have sizer larger than you normally wear. Never really let me down yet. The De La's are a little wide in the toe area also just so you know.

Comment

bruce, i know you love keens and totally swear by them and comfort wise i think they're great as well, and as i've stated before, what keen does for the disc golf community is awesome and i wish i could be more of a loyal supporter, however... i feel i must speak up about my delas... insanely comfortable, really silly looking, and totally not water proof. wore them my first round at ORDGC, the course was well groomed and it wasn't raining terribly hard, but by the 6th hole my feet were soaking wet and so cold they were cramping up.

if you're looking for a water proof shoe, the delas are not it. some of my keens have been quite water proof, but they were hiking boots... the red rock and the targhee (i'm actually not sure on the spelling of that one)...

that's my story. good luck shoe hunting.

p.s. it's "de laveaga"

p.p.s. in reply to what you were actually asking, i found that they fit pretty much true to size... rockin' them in the same size as the rest of my shoes.
      Last edited by emmarose; January 5th, 2012, 09:12 AM. Reason: sgt. major spells-a-lot strikes again
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
        bruce, i know you love keens and totally swear by them and comfort wise i think they're great as well, and as i've stated before, what keen does for the disc golf community is awesome and i wish i could be more of a loyal supporter, however... i feel i must speak up about my delas... insanely comfortable, really silly looking, and totally not water proof. wore them my first round at ORDGC, the course was well groomed and it wasn't raining terribly hard, but by the 6th hole my feet were soaking wet and so cold they were cramping up.

if you're looking for a water proof shoe, the delas are not it. some of my keens have been quite water proof, but they were hiking boots... the red rock and the targhee (i'm actually not sure on the spelling of that one)...

that's my story. good luck shoe hunting.

p.s. it's "de laveaga"

p.p.s. in reply to what you were actually asking, i found that they fit pretty much true to size... rockin' them in the same size as the rest of my shoes.
        Don't know the make, but I bought some waterproof low cut Keens three months ago and they have been PRICELESS in the wet weather. Couldn't be happier. I'll update with the make when I get home.
        It's not whether you've won or lost, it's how many beers you were driven to drink after you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty B View Post
          Looking to get a pair of these is there a particular pair of Keen shoes i can go and try on for a somewhat close size comparison any info would be greatly appreciated.
          If you are in the Portland area you can go to the KEEN Garage located in the Peral, and try on the actual delas.

http://www.explorethepearl.com/pearl...-Garage?page=2

Cindy
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

the soles fall apart really fast, not recommended for anyone who can throw farther than 400ft. They are really comfortable tho. Better for everyday life than golfing

Comment

Not to sound rude but...maybe you need some work on your foot work. I throw well over 400 feet and have been using my De La's since before everyone got them at world. The soles are still very much in one piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                Not to sound rude but...maybe you need some work on your foot work. I throw well over 400 feet and have been using my De La's since before everyone got them at world. The soles are still very much in one piece.
                Ditto,

I'm pretty heavy, throw far, and have melted Solomons in 4 months but the keens I have seem to hold up well.

I've had good luck with the Milo waterproofing. I have the Dela's and Milo's. Milo's waterproofing has been great.

Comment

I throw nowhere near 400' and my soles started coming off after a couple of months (and I don't play that often). Also, the back of the shoes are starting to break down. Love the comfort but have been a bit disappointed in the durability.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    I throw nowhere near 400' and my soles started coming off after a couple of months (and I don't play that often). Also, the back of the shoes are starting to break down. Love the comfort but have been a bit disappointed in the durability.
                    Maybe their sole quality is a little intermittent.

Comment

I've had Keen soles last 2 years and I've had them last 2 months. Intermittent at best and has been worse in few years. Been to the Garage and complained and they weren't has helpful as I had hoped. I wear pretty much only Keen's (and some vibram) for daily wear; I just wish I could count on them for disc golf too.
                      FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X