Clear All

• Got Litter? Meet the Fairway Shark!

Truely awesome!
    "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
    PDGA # 42821
    Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Love It!
      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Agreed...I love to see the philosophy of Stewardship in action...well done

'J'
        educate your thinking

Comment

nice

Comment

Some follow up on the Shark...

I went to Home Depot to pick out a rubbermaid type can to base this around, and was actually aiming for one in dark green - to make a Garbage Gator!

I threaded the back bag onto the bottom of the can, after drilling holes, with a heavy duty wire-containing vinyl clothesline. The disc pouch is a cushioned laptop bag I found cheap in a wholesale store. It seemed about the right size, and already had the putter pocket look going. I made sure the loops to support the shoulder strap were primarily supported by the can itself instead of the bag.

If I were to do another, I'd be really really tempted to use one of the Discraft ace race weekender bags on the end, as there is a drink holder, putter pouch, better storage than the laptop bag. As it is, I can fit about 4 discs - Star, DX shark(s), mako of course. I guess a stalker or predator would fit the theme... so would a hammerhead, but who has one of those?

Consider this - your weekly casual round gathers up to flip for pairs... you're the odd one out this week, so... yupp, you're playing shark - (don't bring it back empty!)

Anyway, I'm having fun using it for Shark rounds cleaning a local pack in/pack out course. Fredericksen Wilderness has decided against placing full time G. cans, because they don't want to entice any local bears to the place - plus the hike in access would make hauling it all out weekly or monthly a bear in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by WestsoundBT View Post

I went to Home Depot to pick out a rubbermaid type can to base this around, and was actually aiming for one in dark green - to make a Garbage Gator!

I threaded the back bag onto the bottom of the can, after drilling holes, with a heavy duty wire-containing vinyl clothesline. The disc pouch is a cushioned laptop bag I found cheap in a wholesale store. It seemed about the right size, and already had the putter pocket look going. I made sure the loops to support the shoulder strap were primarily supported by the can itself instead of the bag.

If I were to do another, I'd be really really tempted to use one of the Discraft ace race weekender bags on the end, as there is a drink holder, putter pouch, better storage than the laptop bag. As it is, I can fit about 4 discs - Star, DX shark(s), mako of course. I guess a stalker or predator would fit the theme... so would a hammerhead, but who has one of those?

Consider this - your weekly casual round gathers up to flip for pairs... you're the odd one out this week, so... yupp, you're playing shark - (don't bring it back empty!)

Anyway, I'm having fun using it for Shark rounds cleaning a local pack in/pack out course. Fredericksen Wilderness has decided against placing full time G. cans, because they don't want to entice any local bears to the place - plus the hike in access would make hauling it all out weekly or monthly a bear in itself.
              Hilarious, B.... when do I get to see this on the course? I wanna be cali!!!!!
              Basket thieves

Comment

This is really a great idea. Thanks for sharing the details of how you pieced it together so other people (Myself included) can make their own.
                "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

The top right pic totally gives me vagina dentata chills.
                  We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by WestsoundBT View Post

You should do it because you want to, not as a punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Feuergeist View Post
                      You should do it because you want to, not as a punishment.
                      Yes, please stop doing the right things until you have the right reasons. How dare you.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                        The top right pic totally gives me vagina dentata chills.
                        Always something new to learn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagina_dentata
                        Read this ^

Comment

Since we've traveled down this road, I'll pull us back to disc golf with a similarity to the DX Prianha stamp.
                          Now, that's awkward.

Monty - you'll see the Shark most often at Fredericksen - pulled a whole sharkfull out this morning. However the place is cleaner now than ever. It works best for courses without full time cans.

Garbage can on a shoulder strap, that you can play a round out of, beats dragging a jangly clanky drippy trashbag anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                            Always something new to learn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagina_dentata
                            I'm a veritable fount of knowledge.

Or at least a knowledge transfusion. Sucking the useful information out of your head and replacing it with undesirable crap. Kind of like a transfusion that gives you Hep C, or something.
                            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                              I'm a veritable fount of knowledge.

Or at least a knowledge transfusion. Sucking the useful information out of your head and replacing it with undesirable crap. Kind of like a transfusion that gives you Hep C, or something.
                              glad you said it so i didn't have to...
                              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X