X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teedevil_destroyer

I picked up a couple of proto star teedevils and after one session in the field I didnt notice much difference between these and my echo destroyers. Anybody notice a difference between these discs or did I waste $40?
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

I threw one this last weekend for the first time. It was one of the champion proto's. I love destroyers and to me the teedevil felt a little faster, and I don't know if it was just me that day or what, but I seemed to get more distance out of it. I was also getting a cleaner release, not sure if that has to do with the inner lip difference or not. Could have also just been the novelty of a new disc in my hand, to many variables based on maybe 5 throws to really say anything concrete.

Comment

Before I lost my Tee Devil I felt it was more low speed stable, crashed very hard to left at the end of its flight throwing RHBH. Slightly faster than the destoryer. I would have like to break it in a little more to see its value as a max distance flexing shot, but I decided to throw it into the river.

Comment

Ive been throwing/testing out the champion tee devil and it is very fast and a great straight side arm disc as well.

Comment

Pretty well known fact that teedevils were ran as destroyers prior to their arrival. They are identical teedevil just has slanted rim and is slightly less stable.

Comment

Well known fact or overheard rumor? The molds are different.
            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
              Well known fact or overheard rumor? The molds are different.
              The molds aren't very different at all. The Teedevil is basically a Destroyer+ aka Destroyer with a Slanted Top. Rim width, depth etc. are the same.

And yes it is a pretty well known fact that many, many Teedevils were stamped as Destroyers. You can tell because True Destroyers don't have slanted "+(plus) configuration" rims, Teedevils, and Destroyer Stamped Teedevils do.

I have about half a dozen Destroyers across various runs of plastic that are identical to any Teedevil you own, and I also have another 12-15 "True" Destroyers. The difference is quite obvious.

So to answer the original question, If Innova was running Teedevils as Destroyers then no, they aren't that different and yes, you did waste $40.

Forgot to mention all the information I just gave you can be confirmed here.
              http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums...hp?f=5&t=16908
              Last edited by himynameismatt; November 25th, 2011, 07:12 AM. Reason: spellcheck!

Comment

Why do you have so many destroyers?
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Dont believe everything you read. The TeeDevil has a Destroyer bottom with a Vulcan top. Ask Dave Dunipace... Im not saying they never miss print discs.
                  Besides a plus+configuration rim pertains to the bottom plate which has the slant for easy release. Show me a Destroyer or a TeeDevil or a Vulcan that has a plus+ configuration bottom plate. No such disc that I'm aware of.
                  Last edited by maynard; November 25th, 2011, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Eh, comparing a new run echo destroyer to the production run teedevils I just got, both in star plastic, the wing is totally different than the destroyer. I'll take pictures tomorrow, but the wing is different.

Comment

I love my Destrulcans!

Comment

Teedevil

I think the teedevil breaks about 1/2 as much as a destroyer. My teedevils even turn over on a warm day, but i can't easily turn over a destroyer

Comment

I found that the destroyer is awesome and the teedevil is not.
                          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Yeah, I liked the champ teedevil I threw before buying the stars. I just don't see the star having a place in my bag with the destroyers I throw.

Comment

So why did innova change the shape of the destroyer?http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...hinscratch.gif and from what i can see the tee devil is just slightly more pinched on the top of the edge than the new destroyer. pretty much the same disc (haven't beat one in yet though). will they make old destroyers anymore?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X