X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about buying a Bigger Bag

I bought a Fade Crunch Box that holds 14 Discs. I been thinking I should get a bag that holds 20 dics and has room for all my other stuff.
    Anybody have any suggestions on what to buy?
    PDGA 38153
    STUMPTOWN 158

Revolution or Gorilla Boy

Comment

yep, revolution or Gorilla Boy are the best, do the research, this comparison has been done several times.

Comment

They look spendy compared to the Fade bags.
        PDGA 38153
        STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

Originally posted by topdawgy58 View Post
          I bought a Fade Crunch Box that holds 14 Discs. I been thinking I should get a bag that holds 20 dics and has room for all my other stuff. Anybody have any suggestions on what to buy?

I just went through this same process. I ended up getting the Revolution Carolina bag after much advice from this board, and doing my own research. Here is an article that helped me with my final decision.

http://www.aadgonline.com/66/revolut.../?action=print

Go back aslo and read the posts on the tread "Fade Gear TOURNEY DISC GOLF BAG?"

I actually just got my new bag yesterday, and so far I am really happy with my decision. Since I have not actually used it yet I feel I can't not give a review yet.

Cindy
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

Fade Tourney bag

Hey Cindy
            You did not like the Fade bag? It costs about half as much. Plus they are more colorful.
            PDGA 38153
            STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

From my expirience, fade is a cheaper replica of the innova bags. I have a gorilla boy bag and it is super light and the storage room is great. Also Gorilla Boy is a sponsor for our 2009 ODDGC at Horning's Hideout so I'm looking forward to seeing what they send me for sponsorship. I plan to buy the Kong this year. I have both a Innova tournament bag and Gorilla Silverback.

Comment

I was looking at the Kong

Yup I was looking at the Kong and it looks like a really nice Bag with lots of room and pockets. I also love the camo pattern. Probaly buy one when I get my taxes back.
                PDGA 38153
                STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

I will be getting a Kong in either dark Red or green... hard to decide, waiting for the owner to get back to me about pictures so I can make a better decision on which color to get.

Comment

I would compare two things when considering these bags - 1. the strength of the fabric (500 vs 1000) and 2. the weight of the bag when empty.

Comment

decided on kelly green kong bag, so excited. Gorilla Boy uses 1000, Revolution uses a mix of 1000 and 1650 denier cordura. What company uses 500?

Comment

Wish I could look at a silverback Bag before I buy one

I need to look at in person the silverback and Kong bags before I fork over all my money. Do they sell these bags anywhere?
                        PDGA 38153
                        STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

Gorilla Boy is a smalllllll company run by one guy basically. There are a few NW peeps who have a gorilla boy bag from their sponsorship to the 2007 National Deaf championship in Oregon. They all love it, as the review link from legorules post mentions, it is a solid LIGHT bag. I have a silverback already, it is half the weight as the innova bags, HALF! I can fit about 9-10 drivers and 3-4 mids in the main compartment of the Silverback and then 3 putters in the front using the front zipper area and putter holder. I expect the kong to be able to take on 2-3 more drivers and 2-3 more mids. But the real reason I'm getting the Kong is for road trips, can fit all the accessories in the extra space that is not filled by discs etc. Let's just say this, i Know at least 20 people with Gorilla Boy bags nationwide, not one of them has said anything bad about the bags.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                            decided on kelly green kong bag, so excited. Gorilla Boy uses 1000, Revolution uses a mix of 1000 and 1650 denier cordura. What company uses 500?
                            I believe the Revo Mini is 500 denier. Still tough as nuts though.

Also, a while back I did a write up comparing GB and Revo bags and posted the link on here. Here it is again though, if you want to take a gander: http://www.aadgonline.com/66/revolut...-for-the-buck/
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Whether it's 500, 1000 or 1650 denier doesn't really matter; if it's cordura it will be strong enough regardless.

Tim's bag comparison review is definitely worth the time looking over for anyone thinking of buying a disc bag.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X