X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baskets....Holly $#@%!!!

Why do they cost so much? Any recomended ideas for cheap basket that will hold up to some abuse?

I thought about building my own but still want it to look legit and not some trash can & bike parts....

For the good quality baskets from the major brands, below is the price break down based on my knowledge of metal work (imho):

40% materials
    40% labor costs
    20% profits

If you have the tooling, time, and skills, you could do a little research to design and make your own baskets for about $100 a basket that are almost as good as the quality baskets from all the major brands. The good baskets are not cheap because of the cost to manufacture them. About half the cost in materials is the chain (50 feet).

Comment

Originally posted by 00-WING-NUT View Post
      Why do they cost so much? Any recomended ideas for cheap basket that will hold up to some abuse?

I thought about building my own but still want it to look legit and not some trash can & bike parts....
      This one looks interesting.

http://www.discgolftraveler.com/tuto...sc-golf-basket

Comment

Was just showing folks that the other day, Dan. Good find.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

My basket

Check out my basket build on facebook-Aurora Lawnmower Magilla-
          The build on my baskets cost me about 100.00 bucks for all materials.

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...00002935264654
            Check it out!

Comment

I know I could build one, but tooling up would be a huge task. And I sure couldn't hot dip one in zinc. Good baskets, as they now exist, have to be a mass-produced item to be possible at the prices they get. Who would make the investment in plant in this country to build them with the competition already established, and the domestic prices of materials what they are at present? I hate that they cost so much, but what are ya gonna do?
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

My wife just bought me a DGA Mach V, with the Orange powder coat...it was a thanks for re-landscaping the front yard, and b-day gift. Believe you me, it was worth all the body aches over the summer. Just something bout throwing at a course worthy target.
                educate your thinking

Comment

Finally got my own Chainstar. Sold paintball equipment I have not used in 3-years to buy it. Just so happens that's when I started playing Discgolf. There is nothing like throwing at a good quality basket similar to what you will encounter on the course. I have shed 5-strokes off the tough courses with my ability to sink more 30+ foot putts once in a while instead of treating them like an upshot. Plus I like the ability to lock it with a cable and leave it outside in the back yard. My Innova clothe popup basket is just not the same durability or feel. No Regrets, spend the money on a quality basket.
                  PDGA# 49616
                  Stumptown# 353
                  OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X