Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innova Ram

Does anyone remember these?

What year did they go OOP?

The one I have has the big proto star on it. How long has Innova using the big star on prototype discs? Always? Or did they used to put that star on everything?

And most importantly... Does anyone have a few of these lying around?

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Does anyone remember these?

What year did they go OOP?

The one I have has the big proto star on it. How long has Innova using the big star on prototype discs? Always? Or did they used to put that star on everything?

And most importantly... Does anyone have a few of these lying around?
    Scott,
    It sounds like "Crickets" around here.

School me please, what is the Ram?
    PDGA# 49616
    Stumptown# 353
    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Crickets indeed.

The Ram is a large diameter, overstable midrange. I think it was intorduced in the mid 80's, but I don't know when it was discontinued. The closest thing I can compare it to is a Pro Whippet.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        Crickets indeed.

The Ram is a large diameter, overstable midrange. I think it was intorduced in the mid 80's, but I don't know when it was discontinued. The closest thing I can compare it to is a Pro Whippet.
        i threw 1 of these back in the late 90's and yes i would say it was a faster version of the Whippet from what i recall and very overstable.
        "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Ram was extremely overstable, the most overstable at that time. Retooled a bit after the first run, the retooled Ram has a slightly beefier rim. The beveled portion of the rim is flatter and less concave, which give it a better glide. Both first and 2nd run had a starstamp with the name on it. Discontinued around 1999-2000.

They have these in star plastic at the innova factory store online.
          http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mayumoogy View Post
            Ram was extremely overstable, the most overstable at that time. Retooled a bit after the first run, the retooled Ram has a slightly beefier rim. The beveled portion of the rim is flatter and less concave, which give it a better glide. Both first and 2nd run had a starstamp with the name on it. Discontinued around 1999-2000.

They have these in star plastic at the innova factory store online.
            Discontinued around the same time as the condor right? Same disc class right? Obviously not the same flight characteristics.
            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
              Discontinued around the same time as the condor right? Same disc class right? Obviously not the same flight characteristics.
              Hey JR, thanks for mentioning on of my favorite discs. I've never thrown the Ram so I can't comment on it. However I can tell you that the Condor is not OOP. Innova only does a production run every couple of years but the Condor lives on! Go to Ebay and search for "Condor golf disc"......... Oh yeah! Nice fresh run! Do you need one? Of course you do.
              Last edited by barbikes; October 7th, 2011, 05:01 PM.

Comment

New Innova Site

Originally posted by barbikes View Post
                Hey JR, thanks for mentioning on of my favorite discs. I've never thrown the Ram so I can't comment on it. However I can tell you that the Condor is not OOP. Innova only does a production run every couple of years but the Condor lives on! Go to Ebay and search for "Condor golf disc"......... Oh yeah! Nice fresh run! Do you need one? Of course you do.
                If anyone is interested Innova just launched a new factory site linked to it's webpage. You can get OOP discs and 2nd runs for flat great rates. Check it out, it looks as if they'll be expanding the inventory and plastics. Right now no Condors or Rams but hopefully soon. I see a Griffin, Hammer and Ace...just to name a few.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X