Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Backyard Disc Target... Free for me :)

Built this today out of an old bike tire and some rope, its about the target size of a basket and its helping improve my aim

One day I will get a real one

Has anyone else build something similar?

I built something out of mostly recycled materials that works surprisingly well. The base is an old Weber grill that was left at my house by the previous owners, we got a metal pole and attached an old bike tire for the top and added some chains. It needs more chains before it works really well but it's great for practice. Also it has wheels so its fully portable.

Comment

We love this game!

Originally posted by walrus123 View Post
      I built something out of mostly recycled materials that works surprisingly well. The base is an old Weber grill that was left at my house by the previous owners, we got a metal pole and attached an old bike tire for the top and added some chains. It needs more chains before it works really well but it's great for practice. Also it has wheels so its fully portable.
      Good job bud!
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

backstops

Originally posted by burtonridr View Post
        Built this today out of an old bike tire and some rope, its about the target size of a basket and its helping improve my aim

One day I will get a real one

Has anyone else build something similar?
        I've done this one and similar stuff also.
        One of my first practice targets was when I tied a tarp between two trees on the back side. Then on the front hung the tire. My trees happen to be fairly large so I had a few feet between the tire and the "backstop".
        Actually, my original one was a piece of black plastic cut and draped across the front. This worked good because the missed putts would just bounce off.
        Perhaps you could move one of those blocks under the tire and tie it off some more.
        Love of the game fellers!
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Thats pretty sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
              I've done this one and similar stuff also.
              One of my first practice targets was when I tied a tarp between two trees on the back side. Then on the front hung the tire. My trees happen to be fairly large so I had a few feet between the tire and the "backstop".
              Actually, my original one was a piece of black plastic cut and draped across the front. This worked good because the missed putts would just bounce off.
              Perhaps you could move one of those blocks under the tire and tie it off some more.
              Love of the game fellers!

Not to get off topic, but I like the quote in your sig line.

Comment

BASKETS

You can see my complete build of 2 baskets on Facebook under Aurora lawnmower.Check it out!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X