Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REI Super Clearance Sale going on now (1/9/09)

Just a heads up to anybody interested in getting some good gear at rock bottom prices, REI has their famous .83 super clearance sale going on now. I know a some people like to bitch and moan about REI's prices, but now is a time when you can ease up the grip on your sweaty wad of money. If you're not familiar with the sale, they have a bunch of stuff marked down, but anything that's on sale with a price ending in ".83", it's 50% off when you check out. For example, I see a pair of Salomon boots right now, retail price is $120.00, they're marked down to $34.83, which means they would be $17.42 at checkout! Of course, like with any blowout sale, sizes and color of the products are limited, and unfortunately, I'm not the first to hear about this sale--the site is hammered right now, and keeps getting overloaded. I'm patiently checking back though to see if its up and running yet.

Just click on the clearance sale banner (assuming the site is up): http://www.rei.com and sorting by price should help you see the .83 items more easily.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    If you're not familiar with the sale, they have a bunch of stuff marked down, but anything that's on sale with a price ending in ".83", it's 50% off when you check out.
    You sure about that? It says: "Note: All Super Clearance prices are shown. No additional markdowns will be taken at checkout."
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Actually those Salomon boots are discounted to $35 total. I already bought a pair I also picked up a $550 Goretex 3 Layer Pro Shell for $160! Super sweet Mammut Shell!!!! Could use both today with the 2' of snow we got overnight!!!

They actually started discounting most of the .83 stuff yesterday online...
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Heh, if the site would stay up and running, I might be able to verify. From what I understand though, the sale has been going on for like a week or so already, but today is the first day that they'll do the traditional 50% off deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Heh, if the site would stay up and running, I might be able to verify. From what I understand though, the sale has been going on for like a week or so already, but today is the first day that they'll do the traditional 50% off deal.
          The .83 has been on there for a week. The 50% off of that was applied yesterday. Everything on there has already been fully discounted. I watch several outdoor forums and the have been giving me the lowdown All in all, I think that I spent about $350 yesterday on about $1200 in gear!!!
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Ahh, OK, thanks for clarifying. So the deals aren't as screamin' as I thought--finally got to my shopping cart and it appears you are correct. Still, some good deals to be had, I'm just emptying out some of the more superfluous stuff now.

Comment

I just got back from the downtown Portland REI. It is MAYHEM. And maybe the Web site is different, but in the stores, yes, everything ending in $0.83 is 50% off the clearance price.

If you're a man with small feet or a woman who doesn't mind wearing men's shoes, there are lots of hiking boots to be had for $30-$40. (If you're a nice normal men's size 9-11, good luck...)
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                I just got back from the downtown Portland REI. It is MAYHEM. And maybe the Web site is different, but in the stores, yes, everything ending in $0.83 is 50% off the clearance price.

If you're a man with small feet or a woman who doesn't mind wearing men's shoes, there are lots of hiking boots to be had for $30-$40. (If you're a nice normal men's size 9-11, good luck...)
                This is exactly how the website is working. The clearance price is the price ending in .83 and then 50% is taken from that! There were some really good deals yesterday morning before most of the good items were sold out!!!

Albert Einstein

Comment

I finally figured out what's going on... the prices on the Web site are indeed the final prices, but they're roughly 50% off what the prices were prior to 1/9/09. I say "roughly" because according to REI clearance math, 50% of $29.83 is not $14.92, but rather $14.83!

I got myself a new shirt and a spare pair of convertible pants today...
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Leftybagger View Post
                    The clearance price is the price ending in .83 and then 50% is taken from that!
                    That is not how it is working on the website. The price ending in .83 is the price you will pay. Perhaps it was being discounted yesterday, but today, that's the final price.
                    Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Do they have Disc Golf stuff on sale?
                      PDGA 38153
                      STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
                        That is not how it is working on the website. The price ending in .83 is the price you will pay. Perhaps it was being discounted yesterday, but today, that's the final price.
                        Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Originally posted by topdawgy58
                        Do they have Disc Golf stuff on sale?
                        No.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                          Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Got it. I was replying to Leftybagger, which is why I quoted his post.
                          Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

just grabbed the last 3 gaiters left, 5 dollars! I always avoided buying these cuz didnt feel it was worth the 25 dollars. Hope it reduces that annoying dirt in the shoes syndrome.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X