X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latitude 64

Before I go ahead to order online, I am wondering does any local in Portland carry or sell Latitude 64 discs? A friend of mine recommend Opto Diamond to me as he thinks it would suit for women and those who lacks of power to throw so I am thinking about giving it a try out.
    PDGA 38506
    ODDGA 27
    DDGA 176
    2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Originally posted by LadyBuzzz View Post
    Before I go ahead to order online, I am wondering does any local in Portland carry or sell Latitude 64 discs? A friend of mine recommend Opto Diamond to me as he thinks it would suit for women and those who lacks of power to throw so I am thinking about giving it a try out.
    Last time I was at Next Adventure, they had a pretty good stock of Opto Diamonds. It seemed like they ranged in weight from mid-140's to high 150's.

Comment

When I visited Jerry @ Disc Golf Depot in July, they had tons of latitude 64. Would this be considered in portland area, or gresham?

Comment

What they said. Also check Play it Again Sports they one by me has Lat64.

Comment

+1 to Jerry's Depot. Bought a couple of Rivers there a couple weeks back.

Comment

I also wouldn't mind picking up a Diamond. It might make me less paranoid about losing my old 148g CE Leopard.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I would highly recommend Jerry Miller @ Disc Golf Depot. He has the BEST prices around and is super friendly and knowledgeable. Just call for an appointment. Usually a 10 minute warning just to make sure he is there is all you need. 503-771-9900 is his number.

Comment

I would agree Jerry Miller has great selection, and very competitive prices. However another good choice if you have a Stumptown membership ($10 once a year), is Next Adventure. They offer a 15% discount to Stumptown members. In addition they often buy your old plastic, and sell used or well loved plastic at a discount. Sometimes you can find the disc you want in the used bin in great condition, or just worn in for $10 or less. like Jerry, they too do great things for, and donate a lot of time and money to the disc golf community. I always like to make sure I have another option if one of them is out of stock and I cannot be patient for the plastic to come in. I find half of my plastic comes from one of the two companies, if I buy it locally and not online.
                PDGA# 49616
                Stumptown# 353
                OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by Nichola View Post
                  did you get that diamond ?
                  if so, how do you like it ?

I just bought a pink one for my wife, and going to have disc addiction dye a flamingo onto it

its her prize, for letting me drag her into this crazy sport, and putting up with me

Comment

Originally posted by Vector_2008 View Post
                    +1 to Jerry's Depot. Bought a couple of Rivers there a couple weeks back.
                    i was thinking a river might be a good disc for me
                    how do you like them?

Comment

River is a must have, I prefer Goldline for the grip. I keep 2 in my bag, 169g for the flat straight shot and a 177 for more stable finish. The Saint just came out, which is a speed #9, pretty much a longer river.
                      PDGA# 49616
                      Stumptown# 353
                      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

I throw a lot of Latitude discs.

River is nice and pin point. I'd call it a flippy Teebird. Gold line versions are less stable then the Opto's. Especially in heavier weights. I throw 173 Gold Line for straight and anhyzer shots. Can be hyzer flipped if you have good snap in your throw.

Vision is very flippy in every plastic I've thrown it in. Definitely an anhyzer or roller disc (longer Leopard). The Gold Line and Opto fly identical in my experience. I throw 174 Gold Line versions for long rights, no step straight shots and huge rollers that I want to give some air to before they hit the ground.

Trident is essentially a meat hook disc. It's only goal is to go out and turn hard to the ground. The Gold Line is less over stable (still very stable though) then the Opto's. Weight doesn't seem to affect the stability of this disc. I use a 171 Gold Line version for side arms, slow panning overhands, side arm rollers, head winds, skip shots and hard hyzer shots that I can't quite get to with my Hornet but are too short to use my Force. Great utility disc.

The Striker is fantastic. It's a longer Teebird. Thrown hard and flat it gets a nice helix flight with minimal fade. Thrown on Hyzer it stands up, glides forever and fades back. Holds an anhyzer for days if needed. Very useful disc. It's one of the rare cases where I like the Opto's more then the Gold Line. Mine are 172 (one pop top, one flat)

The Riot is a power disc. Snap it hard and it holds straight with moderate fade at the end of it's flight. I don't currently have one in my bag because my Forces do the same thing. The Riot has a weird outward curve on the lip of the rim that is supposed to help with cleaner release but it feels weird in my hand.

The XXX is essentially a faster longer Predator. Very dependable (it's always going to end left on a right handed back hand throw). Head winds do not deter this disc at all. I have none in my bag but only because I don't really need anymore overstable plastic in my bag at the moment. Awesome disc for power players and sidearms.

The Flow is the equivalent of a Wraith. Super glide, super accurate, easy to get distance with. I'll throw my Flow in the bag from time to time since if I need something for a course that is longer then my Striker. I throw the Opto over the Gold Line (this is the other exception disc).

The Villain is frickin awesome. Overstable like an Excalibur. Doesn't get deterred from it's path in any headwind. I throw both Opto and Gold Line versions of this disc. The Opto is more overstable and the Gold Line will go further. Will go a long way flat before it starts fading hard (if you have the arm for a disc like this that is). I use it for side arms since I like the way it feels over the Force. Occasionally I'll use it for big skips if I can't get the Trident that far. Both of mine are 171.

The Halo is essentially a Boss/Nuke. Good stability for a wide winged warp speed driver. I don't throw them because I like Nukes more. They will go a very long ways if you can throw the high speed stuff. From my experience, the Opto versions are not anywhere near as dependable as the Gold Line version of this disc.

The Havoc is essentially a Katana. If powered correctly it'll hold straight or even a slow right turn with minimal fade at the end. I don't throw them because I throw Nukes (1 stable, 1 semi beat and 1 super beat).

The Bolt is a super flippy high speed (think Vulcan, Nuke SS or Cannon from Legacy). When powered up, this disc flips up, turns right and stays that way. Once again, I throw Nukes so they don't reside in my bag. In my experience, it was a very good ultra fast roller for me.

The Core is a Buzzz clone. Holds whatever line you put it on. Can be torqued on without too much worry of overpowering the disc. Both the Opto and Gold Line versions of this disc are great with the Opto being a tad more stable then the Gold Line. I throw Buzzz's but I could easily throw the Core just as well (too bad there isn't a FLX version of the Core).

The Fuse is the equivalent of a Comet. Cannot be torqued but will glide straight or slowly right for days. It's a disc that is nice to have for tail winds or hyzer flips. I throw ESP Comets so they aren't in my bag but they are awesome anyways. Opto is a tiny bit more stable but not by much.

The Pain is essentially a Roc/Wasp. I have a limited experience with them since I throw Hornets for the type of shot this disc would be used for. My buddy absolutely is in love with his though. He throws the Opto for headwinds and the Gold Line for a straighter shot that still has to have some fade at the end. He actually replaced his Rocs for these so they must have something going for them.

The Spike is the best putter ever made in my opinion. Flat, shallow glidey and fast. I use the Zero Line versions for putting only and the Grip Line versions for drives and approaches. Too bad they cancelled both Zero Line and Grip Line plastics for the EZE plastic. So if you like them, swoop them now before people start charging an arm and a leg for this awesome disc in these awesome plastics. The rumor is that Latitude will be producing these in Opto or Gold Line plastic soon. If they do, I'll definitely replace my Grip Line with one of those two plastics. Until then, I'll keep what I got.

The Pure is exactly that. Pure. Very line oriented. Can be driven quite well. Deeper rimmed then a Spike. Not as fast as a Spike but has more glide. I have quite a few of them laying around but due to rim depth, I prefer the Spike. Awesome putter though (the guy who won the world putting championships this year was using a Pure). Also made in Opto so it can be driven and will beat very very very slowly.

The Sinus is a beast of a putter. Very overstable. Will not be deterred in the wind. My roommate is obsessed with this disc (owns five, has aced with 3 of them this year). Deep rimmed, slow and essentially no glide. Great for hard spin putts, hyzer approaches or hard drives from the tee. I would say it's almost as overstable as a Zone.

The only molds I haven't thrown yet from Latitude are: The Saint, The Blitz, The Mercy, The Diamond, The Ruby and The Pearl. The last 3 are all the lightweight beginner discs. Hope this helps you in making a choice. Latitude is awesome. Between them and Discraft, I'd be hard pressed to pick one if I could be sponsored by either. Phew that was a lot of typing.
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                          I also wouldn't mind picking up a Diamond. It might make me less paranoid about losing my old 148g CE Leopard.
                          And this turned out to be true... the Diamond flies almost exactly like a 150-class Champ/CE Leopard.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                            I throw a lot of Latitude discs.
                            Phew that was a lot of typing.
                            Wow, what a post!
                            Very informative. I'm going to print a copy for future reference.
                            Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up
                              That's a lot of good info

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X