X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt View Post
    i am looking for a slow, very overstable putter, for trick and approach shots
    is a sinus slow?

i am going to go on a putter quest for a while
    because my short game sucks
    i want to learn to drive with one ect.
    Sinus, Rhyno, or maybe a Pig would be my suggestion. I throw all latitude except my Upshot/driving putter is the Rhyno. I can snap the Rhyno hard and it will always come back. Lately I have been using a Zero Sinus and it is really close to the Rhyno. The Sinus has a shallow rim, Rhyno is a much deeper rim. They feel different, but fly similar. I do not own a Pig.

Flight #s according to each Manufacturer are identical:

Innova - Rhyno: Speed 2, Glide 1, Turn 0, Fade 3

Latitude 64 - Sinus: Speed 2, Glide 1, Turn 0, Fade 3
    PDGA# 49616
    Stumptown# 353
    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
      Sinus, Rhyno, or maybe a Pig would be my suggestion. I throw all latitude except my Upshot/driving putter is the Rhyno. I can snap the Rhyno hard and it will always come back. Lately I have been using a Zero Sinus and it is really close to the Rhyno. The Sinus has a shallow rim, Rhyno is a much deeper rim. They feel different, but fly similar. I do not own a Pig.

Flight #s according to each Manufacturer are identical:

Innova - Rhyno: Speed 2, Glide 1, Turn 0, Fade 3

Latitude 64 - Sinus: Speed 2, Glide 1, Turn 0, Fade 3
      shallow rim good
      deep rim bad
      i use magics, so i am more used to a shallow putter

Comment

Sinus is exactly what you described. Where's Big Red when you need him? I think he's got four or five aces with Sinus's now.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

I finally bought myself a river 168opto
          can't wait to throw.it
          This River is making me crazy
          Being a newer player, we will say that my form isn't perfect yet.
          When I throw it correctly its beautiful, when I don't, it sure let's me know!

Now I am going to try a GL Fuse, I have a Pro-D Buzzz that I have been trying to beat into understable, but im impatient and afraid that, once I get it perfect, I will lose it.

Comment

Now I am going to try a GL Fuse, I have a Pro-D Buzzz that I have been trying to beat into understable, but im impatient and afraid that, once I get it perfect, I will lose it.
            Hey Matt, a perfectly beat in Buzzz is called a METEOR

in all seriousness, you should try one.
            Team HOSER:dancing:
            Team OLY:cheerleader:
            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Latitude has the Mace out finally. 5 5 0 3. Flight review coming as soon as Marshall Street sends it to me.
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                Hey Matt, a perfectly beat in Buzzz is called a METEOR

in all seriousness, you should try one.
                actually, the disc i am after is more Comet like
                i am looking for instant beat in Pro-D Buzzz
                (or Buzzz SS, for numbers purposes)
                the numbers can be seen here

the disc i use for Meteor type shots, is a Glide.
                its has a little less HSS and has less fade also.
                and those numbers can be seen here

Comment

I have 4-GL Fuses. 178 - 180g is Stable when thrown smooth. But my favorite is 175-177g which will turn nice with clean snap and just keep going right due to the amazing glide of this disc. If stuck in tight woods and no run up I like the straight glide this disc gives me when thrown smooth and soft. I personally prefer the Goldline plastic.

The GL Core and Pro D Buzz are hard for me to tell the difference. I carry both currently and they fly nearly the same for me. The Pro D Buzz has held the Anny line a few feet longer before becoming stable. But I'm not sure if that was throwing technique, plastic tackiness, or disc design?
                  PDGA# 49616
                  Stumptown# 353

Comment

Fuse = Comet

Core = Buzz

Pain = Very Stable Rancho Roc/Roc3 or Hornet
                    PDGA# 49616
                    Stumptown# 353

Comment

I would like to try the Core, but all my regular (Z, ESP, FLX) buzzzs treat me so well, I am pretty happy with them.
                      It was just that Understable slot I was using the Pro-D Buzzz in, I want to replace.

I like the idea of just buying a new disc if I lose one, or having multiple of the same disc, without having to "season" them to perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                        Latitude has the Mace out finally. 5 5 0 3. Flight review coming as soon as Marshall Street sends it to me.
                        Interested to hear your opinion about it.
                        First I thought it was supposed to be between th core and pain.
                        Now it sounds like its more stable than the pain.
                        More like a wasp/roc

I am about to take my wasp out of my bag because I always use my new hornet

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
                          I have 4-GL Fuses. 178 - 180g is Stable when thrown smooth. But my favorite is 175-177g which will turn nice with clean snap and just keep going right due to the amazing glide of this disc. If stuck in tight woods and no run up I like the straight glide this disc gives me when thrown smooth and soft. I personally prefer the Goldline plastic.
                          i got a GL 172 fuse (my normal mid weight) only got to throw it a dozen times
                          it was holding any line i put it on (some good, some bad) now i just need to learn how to be more accurate in my throwing.
                          i am very happy so far

Comment

ok so this may be old(ish) news for people but its new to me and super exciting! i dont keep up on everything in disc golf like i used to so i was super suprised today when i came accross something saying Dave Feldberg switched over to team Latitude.

i went and checked it out and sure enough it was true. WOW just wow, i would have never imagined him leaving Innova. it is really cool to see him throwing discs from Latitude/Westside/Dynamic now!

here is a "in the bag" video that shows what he is carying now.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0QMdrQ3ZdPQ

sorry if this is old news, but i havent seen it posted here and its news to me.
                            Team Meteor

Comment

Westside's Underworld is a new understable disc that has flight numbers (-3/1) that match the fuse, though it's a speed seven. So, you know, if you feel the need for speed ...

(As you probably know, Westside is a Finnish company that uses Lat 64's production facilities.)

I really like the stamp ... Scroll down to Skulboy's post (#10)
                              Last edited by tmk; March 8th, 2013, 09:59 PM.

Comment

yessssirreeeeeeee, i just got my latitude/dynamic/westside misprint pack that i ordered! i cant wait to get out there and throw them and see which ones i want to use for team golf tommorow!
                                i got-
                                1-Lucid Trespass (Dynamic Discs)
                                1-Lucid Fugitive (Dynamic Discs)
                                1-Classic soft Judge (Dynamic Discs)
                                1-Opto Villian (Latitude)
                                1-Opto Halo (Latitude)
                                1-Goldline Bolt (Latitude)
                                1-Vip air plastic Giant (Westside)
                                1-Vip air plastic King (Westside)
                                2-eco1 Swans (Westside)

cant beat 8 buckaroos a disc! i think it was money well spent.
                                Team Meteor

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X