• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt View Post
    just bought a 159 orange Diamond light
    i am going to play with it some
    if its too light or flippy, I can give it to my wife
    to replace her 152 diamond, because its starting to turn pretty hard for her
    (maybe a combo of beating in and too light)
    Played with it some yesterday
    I will be keeping it for now

I got some of my best drives ever, on a couple of holes.

I actually got my first par, on hole 14 at Shelton springs.
    (2 really nice long drives, a 70-80 foot lay up around a couple of trees, and then I only had to make a 2 foot putt!)

I probably just got lucky and just didnt hit any trees, but I say it was the diamond

Comment

I am normally happy to get to the gravel road in 2 drives
      And I was well past it, about to the crest of the hill over on the right side behind the big trees

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
        Played with it some yesterday
        I will be keeping it for now

I got some of my best drives ever, on a couple of holes.

I actually got my first par, on hole 14 at Shelton springs.
        (2 really nice long drives, a 70-80 foot lay up around a couple of trees, and then I only had to make a 2 foot putt!)

I probably just got lucky and just didnt hit any trees, but I say it was the diamond
        thats awesome! what a great hole to get your par on, i guess you really are Team Oly's ringer huh!? but to stay on topic, do you know if the shelton disc golf store has any of the "air opto" plastic? i went to package express yesterday and picked up a westside King, and a gold line Flow. cant wait to try them out! i wish it wasnt raining today.
        Team HOSER:dancing:
        Team OLY:cheerleader:
        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

i dont know, i was trying to learn the lat64 stuff for a while, and would touch all of it.
          but i quit, and now i dont pay attention
          i just looked for a diamond and didnt even look at the other stuff
          i can check for you tomorrow or maybe text him later today

Comment

I glanced through some of this thread but I really don't care....My bag is turning more to L64 and that's a fact. Better plastic and more predictable flight, period. Still putt with a Pro Cobra but hey, whatever works for you, right? The Saint is a goto driver, Flow for forhand (Halo for hard right forhand), River is coming more into play for Straight and slight anny. I'm scared to try the Core bcause my beloved Cobra's may fall to the wayside.

If this keeps up, I may end up with a true "putter" in my bag. The Pure, I'm holding back.

Disc Golf Depot has the most L64 disc's in the area, I've been looking.
            I still LOVE my Champion Cobra's but........

Peace. Happy New year to you all.
            Phil

Comment

ok, so an update on the "king" and the "flow" that i had bought last week.

i have played 4.5 rounds with these discs now and have a fairly good grasp on how they fly (for me). for infomation's sake, i am a right hand back hand thrower primarily. my average drive is 325 feet, and that is real distance not "internet distance"

Westside discs King tournament plastic- 174 gram.
              this disc really has some speed. it is still a bit on the overstable side for me, but thats because i dont have the necessary throwing mechanics/strength to fully utilize the discs potential with the weight of the disc. i think that if it were 168-170 grams then it wouldnt be as overstable for me.
              even with its overstable tendancies, it is still flying just as far and sometimes farther than my 150 gram blizzard destroyer and my 155 gram blizzard boss. its because of the speed of the disc that it equals the distance of the those discs, most of the time it is slightly turning left for me the whole time, but it is amazing to me on how fast it flys. my throws with it are averaging 330-350 feet with it. i am liking it more and more as i continue to use it, and i find a lighter one i beleive that it will become my go to long range driver. i am also finding it usefull for forehand shots.

Latitude 64 Flow gold line plastic - 173 gram.
              I am really begining to appreciate this disc. the amount of glide that this disc has reminds me of a Teebird. i remember my Teebirds would stay in the air forever it seemed, and this disc does not disapoint in that regard. with a good flat throw it will turn to the right slightly, straighten out for a while and then slightly fade back to the left at the end of its flight. there have been 2 times so far that i have out driven all of my other discs with this disc. the rim is comfortable in my hand and i really like the stability of the disc.
              what i like so far is that i can get this disc to have a pretty straight flight and also can get some turnover in it without worrying about it never coming back left. to top it off the glide it has is truly impressive.

all in all i think that both of these discs will be staying in my bag for the foreseeable future (as if we could actually see into the future). i am happy with both, but wished i had slightly lighter weights for both discs.

now that Latitude has their bubble plastic i can now get the innova out of my bag. and i really like that! i am starting to lean towards more Latitude stuff because their discs and the plastics they use are really solid in my eyes.

yeah i know its a bit long, but hopefully it can help somebody that is wondering about these discs.
              Team HOSER:dancing:
              Team OLY:cheerleader:
              Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                all in all i think that both of these discs will be staying in my bag for the foreseeable future (as if we could actually see into the future). i am happy with both, but wished i had slightly lighter weights for both discs.

now that Latitude has their bubble plastic i can now get the innova out of my bag. and i really like that! i am starting to lean towards more Latitude stuff because their discs and the plastics they use are really solid in my eyes.
                Welcome to the world of being addicted to Swedish plastic. It's amazing. The best part about Latitude's plastic is it seems to take forever to beat in. Opto is pretty much indestructible and Gold Line is so sexy to the eyes and to the touch that I feel bad throwing them sometimes.
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Those Swedish guys are great! I throw almost exclusively Lat64/Westside now. I really like the Flow, Halo, Giant, and Villain for all out distance with a hard snap. But at the speed and distance your throwing I would encourage you to consider the Saint and the Striker in the woods, or for control. I found the flow (6 glide) to give me more pure distance. But the Saint (7 glide) and Especially the Striker (6 glide) gave me complete control, and only shaved 10-20' off my total distance on an average shot at 80%. Predominantly the Striker and Saints come out of my bag more per round than the Halo and Flow does. The most used disk in my bag by far is my GL-River control driver. I usually only throw the Goldline, but I have picked up many Opto discs overtime too. Many times in the wet and cold weather the Goldline is still grippier for me than the Opto.

Very addictive habit buying Swedish plastic, I swear it is laced with some narcotic I cannot identify that consumes my money....
                  PDGA# 49616
                  Stumptown# 353
                  OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Speaking of Latitude, this was one of my gifts to myself for Christmas. I'd like to thank Jack Wardian at Rapid Fire Plastics in Post Falls Idaho for having this beauty sitting on the shelf

Cleveland Brown

Comment

One of the very few discs in latitude I like better in Opto, I love that disc! Tried several GL Tridents and they just don't fly the same. Changed to a 175 GL XXX instead. Was that a gift from Poseidon?
                      PDGA# 49616
                      Stumptown# 353

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
                        One of the very few discs in latitude I like better in Opto, I love that disc! Tried several GL Tridents and they just don't fly the same. Changed to a 175 GL XXX instead. Was that a gift from Poseidon?
                        Hah! I wish Poseidon had brought that to me. That would've been way cooler then going to the store and purchasing it myself. I like them both in Gold Line and Opto plastic. I think I'll be sticking with the Opto though as they take longer to beat in.

I love the Trident! It's such an underrated and under appreciated disc in their line up. I really compare it to a driver version of a Gator. Super duper overstable, super predictable, no glide. I did hear through the grape vine that they will be discontinuing the Trident, XXX and the Blitz due to lack of sales
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Panic Buy moment. I have two of each (XXX, Trident), I should buy more....

Blitz I can live without, the Giant and Villain fill that gap for me.
                          PDGA# 49616
                          Stumptown# 353

Comment

I wouldn't go buying them all yet, I just emailed Tomas to see if the rumor is true, hopefully it isn't
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

The Opto trident is the closest thing on the market to the old Pro Line Monsters, it's pretty money!

Comment

i have been trying to move my wifes' mids up in weight
                                she was throwing high 140s

she now has a pro-d 169 drone, pro-d 162 buzzz, and a Z 166 glow buzzz

but is still using a 148 dx stingray for the understable slot
                                i have been looking at getting her a 159 pearl to replace it

has anyone used the pearl?

by the way, i'm still loving my diamond

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X