• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mirus

Originally posted by matt View Post
    Thanks for the heads up
    That's a lot of good info
    what about the mirus? do they still make those? I have a premiere edition. its domy and goes wuppa wuppa when u push in dome...equivilant?

Comment

Originally posted by puttmin View Post
      what about the mirus? do they still make those? I have a premiere edition. its domy and goes wuppa wuppa when u push in dome...equivilant?
      I have a 165 Mirus I traded for a Hornet. Flies like a stable Teebird, or more stable Striker for me. This has been my over the water shot disc, have not lost it yet so it stays in my bag. It's growing on me.
      PDGA# 49616
      Stumptown# 353
      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
        I throw a lot of Latitude discs.

River is nice and pin point. .......Phew that was a lot of typing.
        I throw almost all latitude myself, Obsessed really. IMHO Your post is pretty much dead on. for the missing info here's my take on it:

In the Bag today
        ----------------
        Zero Pure 172
        Zero Sinus 174 (Just replaced my Rhyno)
        SSS - Warlock 175 (Last hold out)
        Gold Fuse 175 (Snap=Turn over mid, Soft=Straight)
        Gold Fuse 180 (Snap=long straight, hyzer=big slow fade)
        Gold Pain 175 (Like a Rancho Roc, great fade)
        Gold Vision 175 (Snap = Long turnover, Soft= Straight, soft turnover)
        Gold River 179 (Glide long, stable finish)
        Gold River 169 (Snap=gentle turnover, predictable fade, Soft=straight)
        Gold Striker 170 (Snap=straight gentle turnover, soft=straight gentle fade)
        Gold Striker 177 (Snap= Stable, soft=overstable)
        Gold Flow 169 (Distance, good glide)
        Gold Villain 170 (In the wind driver, flex shots, 200'+ thumber distance)
        Gold Halo 175 (In the wind go for it driver, full power throws)
        Gold Saint 170 (Longer river currently stable finish)
        Gold Saint 177 (currently flies like an overstable flow)
        Mirus 165 (Plastic?) Over the water, or danger of losing shot, snap=stable)
        Champ Firebird 172 (Best 200' thumber disc for my throw)
        Z Nuke OS 175 (Most Overstable disc I have. Skip shots, hurricanes)

I take the following in and out of my bag constantly XXX-GL, Trident Op&GL, Bolts GL, Spike-Zero,

Havoc - I never threw the Katana's well, so your post just explained why I don't like throwing the two Havocs I have.

Blitz - is like an overstable destroyer, Less glide, IMO (not in my bag)

Diamond - flies like a 150g Valk for me, my GL Vision is what I throw for the long turnover, or hyzer flip.

Just bought two GL Saint(s): definitely a longer river, but not much longer. My favorite shot for my rivers is that low line straight shot with minimal fade. I think the Saint will replace one of my strikers or flows instead. But I need to abuse them for a while and see.

Never heard of the Ruby or the Pearl, thought I knew all latitude. Guess I got some learning to do. Hope this helps those of you throwing Latitude. I think this is great product: Plastic quality and finish, glide, breath of options. Only a few holes in the line up, but not many.
        PDGA# 49616
        Stumptown# 353
        OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
          I throw almost all latitude myself, Obsessed really. IMHO Your post is pretty much dead on. for the missing info here's my take on it:

In the Bag today
          more really good info, thanks

Comment

I just reread this
            got me thinking about the river and/or fuse again
            I was holding on to a river for a while, in the store (I was shopping for a new CH Leopard)
            Bought the leopard, left the river behind.

Comment

If you get a River, keep in mind these few tips to get what you want:

1.) With Latitude, they have big differences run to run. Some runs are super domey, some moderately domey and some super flat. The super domey have the most glide but are the least high speed stable. The super flat are the most high speed stable but have the least glide. I like the flat and moderate dome versions.
              2.) A heavier weight Opto will always be more overstable then the same weight Gold line version.
              3.) Latitude is usually off in their weight by at least a half gram down. If it says 173, it's probably 172.5 or lighter.
              4.) If buying Opto, there are really clear and really opaque versions. The really clear versions are generally ultra stiff and domey. The really opaque versions are generally flat and flexible. I have a Striker that is really opaque (I call it GLOpto plastic) and is flatter then an ironing board. It's super flexible and leaves fingerprints on the plastic where I put my thumb. It's almost like the legendary candy plastic (later run CE from Innova).
              5.) If buying Gold Line, there are solid color, marbled color and color shift versions. I like the look of the marbled stuff but the solid color is usually more true to it's stated flight characteristic. The color shift Gold Line is harder to come by and is super sexy to see fly. Not too much experience from me in throwing the color shift stuff yet.
              6.) Finding lighter weights (165 and lighter) can be a challenge. The lightest River I've seen was 162 and sold for 25 bucks because it's so hard to find the stuff that light. Most places have 168 as the lightest option.
              7.) Have fun becoming addicted to Swedish plastic!
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

my wife has a 148 dx shark that she is now throwing to hard/its getting beat up
                it starting to get a little flippy for her
                so i have been trying decide if i should get her a roc or a buzzz
                then i had a light bulb moment, and had to reread this
                i think a core might be good if i can find a lighter one

Comment

So just got this email from Tomas over at Latitude regarding the Spike and Sinus in premium plastic:
                  Hi Stuart!

Spike will be made in Gold line during this winter, we've made a small batch of them this summer but ran into some problems so we had to stop. Since then we haven't had the time to make them, but they will be made :-)
                  Sinus could be made in Opto or Gold but we haven't tried that yet, so I don't know if it will work or not. But we will try the next time we will make them.

I hope you can wait for them

Regards
                  Tomas

I can wait, I just don't want to :-)
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

I've made the transition from Zero Line Spike as my favorite putter to Zero Line Pure, and I'm not looking back. But unfortunately for my future, I have held that new EZE plastic, and I'm just not a fan, too slippery.

I dread what will happen if I loose my two remaining (baby blue) Pures. Was there any reasoning behind switching to the EZE plastic? Cost?

I would certainly like to try a spike in Premium plastic. I know they made opto and some goldline Pures, which I would also enjoy trying out. Currently my driving putter is a Vibram VP, and it can handle a lot of flutter and off axis torque from my poor putter driving form.

Anyone have opinions on which non-Latitude plastic is the closest to that chalky like feel of the Zero Line plastic? Innova DX?

Comment

Originally posted by Cornwall, Esq. View Post
                      I dread what will happen if I loose my two remaining (baby blue) Pures. Was there any reasoning behind switching to the EZE plastic? Cost?
                      There were a few reasons why they have cancelled Zero and Grip Line plastics:
                      1.) Cost was a major pain. It was just too expensive to continue to use the Zero and Grip lines to mold discs that were essentially the base plastic.
                      2.) They wanted to manufacture their mids and drivers in a base line plastic which according to everything I've read and my correspondence with Tomas, wasn't possible in Zero line.
                      3.) EZE plastic was the most popular of the two test materials they released. They do have plans to release in the next few months a "soft" version of EZE. It's rumored to be the closest thing to to Zero line from what I've been told.

If you want to get Pure's in Zero Line before they are gone forever, I would strongly suggest starting the process now as I'm sure that they will eventually start jumping up in price. People hoarde them, then sell them for 3 times what they were bought for a year later.

http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.c...re-p-4473.html At this time, Clearwater has 54 in stock.
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                        i was thinking a river might be a good disc for me
                        how do you like them?
                        I have found that all three plastics have very different flight patterns. I love mine though. I find the opto similar to a teebird.
                        Who put that damn tree in the middle of the fairway??

Comment

just bought a 159
                          really opaque (I call it GLOpto plastic)
                          orange Diamond light
                          i am going to play with it some
                          if its too light or flippy, I can give it to my wife
                          to replace her 152 diamond, because its starting to turn pretty hard for her
                          (maybe a combo of beating in and too light)

Comment

love my pink glopto diamonds, effortless distance and tons of glide, my lightweight rivers are similarly awesome

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                              There were a few reasons why they have cancelled Zero and Grip Line plastics:
                              1.) Cost was a major pain. It was just too expensive to continue to use the Zero and Grip lines to mold discs that were essentially the base plastic.
                              2.) They wanted to manufacture their mids and drivers in a base line plastic which according to everything I've read and my correspondence with Tomas, wasn't possible in Zero line.
                              3.) EZE plastic was the most popular of the two test materials they released. They do have plans to release in the next few months a "soft" version of EZE. It's rumored to be the closest thing to to Zero line from what I've been told.

If you want to get Pure's in Zero Line before they are gone forever, I would strongly suggest starting the process now as I'm sure that they will eventually start jumping up in price. People hoarde them, then sell them for 3 times what they were bought for a year later.

http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.c...re-p-4473.html At this time, Clearwater has 54 in stock.
                              so just in case this wasnt brought up, i saw on latitudes web page that they are bringing back the Zero plastic next year in two diferent softnesses.
                              Team HOSER:dancing:
                              Team OLY:cheerleader:
                              Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                                so just in case this wasnt brought up, i saw on latitudes web page that they are bringing back the Zero plastic next year in two diferent softnesses.
                                They totally are and that makes me super happy. The reason they moved away from Zero in the first place is something about the plastic blend makes it near impossible to get good molds on their mids and drivers. They went to EZE to make molding those discs in a base line plastic much easier. However, when the consistency (and in bigger parts, the durability) wasn't there, they did the right thing and cancelled the run. I applaud them for that.

I won't lie though, I think Zero Pains would be the bee's knees. Something that would put Roc chuckers in check
                                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X