Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to use thinner dress type socks.... Switched to Solomon.
    www.rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by CMC206 View Post
      I had to use thinner dress type socks.... Switched to Solomon.
      Not that I am attempting to push Keen's, but i've never been impressed with Solomons, they have all fallen apart quickly on me. Now the Northface Purgatories I fell in love with...then the discontinued them. Keen's are a durable shoe, and with the evolution of there products they are working on improvement. Keen is a big supporter of our sport and wants to improve the products they produce that target our sport, so if you have feedback and or concern thier are a few people on this board who are able to voice these issues to those that have helped design and evolve the shoes we have today.

Excuse the typoes etc, cell phone with out autocorrect enabled.

Comment

The northface hedgehog low and mids are by far the most dominant disc golf shoe I have ever come across. The dela's look cool, but have a shallow sole for traction. I am not sure if I should save mine for when my 3 pair of northface shoes finally fail me or sell them... Ashton's dela's sole on the inside part started to seperate from the shoe after 2 rounds, which is exactly the same thing the milos had problems with... It's the wearer, not the shoe sometimes...

Comment

I really only expect a shoe to last me 1 season anyway. Like you said it can be the wearer. Like the toe drag thing. Just about any shoe I have used only lasts 1 season so next year I might try the northface. The best thing I have to say about the Milos is that they stay dry in super soggy situations.. I would reconsider Keen if they would sell the shoes at REI.
          www.rewindb.com

Comment

I've been wearing my North Face Hedgehogs (low) through two seasons of softball, and they're holding up great.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

keep in mind, i bought all my 6 pair of hedgehogs at the northface outlet store in woodburn for $40-50 a pair that retail for $100-120... Have a new pair of mids ready for winter... All my shoes, regardless of the company, that have a vibram sole have gone the distance...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                keep in mind, i bought all my 6 pair of hedgehogs at the northface outlet store in woodburn for $40-50 a pair that retail for $100-120... Have a new pair of mids ready for winter... All my shoes, regardless of the company, that have a vibram sole have gone the distance...
                Long live the Vibram sole. I love Keens, but the Vibram sole is like no other! It tears me in multiple directions to choose...please Keen, utilize the wonderfulness that is the Vibram sole!

Comment

I have a pair and I LOVE Them better than the Milo2's

Comment

Having been a long time devotee of the Brooks Cascadia, I decided to branch out and give the Delavega's a try. I've got about 5 rounds on them and they are breaking in very nice. Very comfortable and very rugged. I suspected these would be better for winter and I have not been disappointed!

I will probably stick with the Brooks Cascadia for summer and wear the Keen Delavega's for winter golf. They are built very rugged like a low top boot. I also drag both toes (forehand / backhand) and have not seen the kind of damage I normally see on my Brooks Cascadia.

I'm not crazy about the color scheme, I liked the Milo colors better but I really don't wear disc golf shoes off the course so it really doesn't matter what they look like as long as they work.
                    Steve
                    http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

Comment

i kinda do think it matters what they look like... and i think it matters if they're water proof... my delas are entirely un-waterproof and they are so funny looking that the two year olds i work with make fun of them (they have been relegated to the classroom as work shoes)...

... it's a bummer because i think it is great what keen does for the disc golf community... very generous and very supportive, but unfortunately i can't stand 100% behind the product...

... they are comfortable, tho...
                      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                        i kinda do think it matters what they look like... and i think it matters if they're water proof... my delas are entirely un-waterproof and they are so funny looking that the two year olds i work with make fun of them (they have been relegated to the classroom as work shoes)...

... it's a bummer because i think it is great what keen does for the disc golf community... very generous and very supportive, but unfortunately i can't stand 100% behind the product...

... they are comfortable, tho...
                        Unfortunately I have to agree with Emma about the Delaveagas. A very comfortable shoe right out of the box, and I personally don't mind the styling. But, the waterproofing is really inadequate, and after only a few months and less than 15 rounds of golf the soles on mine are already starting to come apart. The same thing I saw happen to a cardmate's brand new pair at Worlds.

I really, really appreciate the support Keen gives the disc golf community and their willingness to even manufacture a disc golf shoe and I currently own several other pair of Keen footwear which I love. Stick a Vibram sole on these babies and I'll be back.

Comment

ok so now that winter has passed onto almost summer any new reviews on the Dela's or the Siskiyou are they or are they not waterproof??

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

The Dela's have decent water resistant properties? not really a water proof shoe. Mine also had an issue with the sole coming apart where I pivot on my follow through. Just used a little shoe goo and they seem to be holding out.

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                              ok so now that winter has passed onto almost summer any new reviews on the Dela's or the Siskiyou are they or are they not waterproof??

I have wearing my Dela's for disc only since Sept. and they are holding up well. Still waterproof also. A much better shoe than the Milo.

Comment

If you take care of them and don't expose them to high heat the water resistance holds up. Really just depends on the weather conditions though, about the only time my feet get damp is tall very wet grass, and many hours in it.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X