X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by himynameismatt View Post
    I very lightly lace up my Milo 2's love how snug they are without having to be tied tightly. Can't wait to get my Dela's
    Did you order them already matt? If so, update us after a few rounds played.
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
      Yeah they should be here in the next couple days. Can't wait. My first pair of Milo 2's got chewed up pretty quickly, So if these Delaveagas are more durable I should be able to make it show pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessenumber1 View Post
        I got a pair of Milo 2s and when laced up even mildly tight the tongue would bunch up creating pressure points on the top of my foot. I even tried to modify a wrist band to create a buffer for this since everything else I liked about them. Didn't help so I ended up taking them back and the guy at the store said that a pretty large amount of the Milos, and now the Milo 2s were returned due to that issue specifically.
        I never have a problem with the tongue bunching up on mine.
        I do have a problem with the soles coming apart. Not good for a shoe that costs over $100.

I'll wait for the reports on how the Delaveaga holds up before buying another pair. Might as well wait until next summer to get the most out of the shoes I have now.

Comment

Well matt may not have gotten his, but this is MY thread.

I got mine yesterday but haven't had a chance to play in them yet. On the Keen website they suggest that these run about 1/2 size small, so I ordered 1/2 size larger than normal and for me they fit perfectly. I like the wide footbed because I have wide-ish feet. very comfortable for the few hours I walked around in them. I will report back after Worlds!

Comment

Do they have the same crappy design on the sole as the Milo II? One round and the sole started separating from the rubber bottom. I got these the weekend of the Fling and am afraid that I am going to have to take them in and have them replaced again. Good thing I got them for free...
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Do they have the same crappy design on the sole as the Milo II? One round and the sole started separating from the rubber bottom. I got these the weekend of the Fling and am afraid that I am going to have to take them in and have them replaced again. Good thing I got them for free...
              No, these have a different sole design. Hopefully it retains the traction of the Milo II sole, without the delamination issues.

While not quite perfect yet, at least every Keen Disc Golf shoe has been an improvement over the previous shoe.

Jeff
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Thanks KEEN!!

I got a pair of Dela's at Worlds and wore them all week during play. They fit great and have an awesome grip on all surfaces. I'm a pretty tough shoe critic and wouldn't have just tried them out because it was Worlds. I put them on the day we got our player's packs and they worked into my footprint in about 4 hours. I highly recommend you go out and get these shoes!!! Thanks KEEN!!!
                Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

I agree with Drew here, these shoes were given to all worlds participants this year, They have a rounder somewhat bigger toe box that fit me perfectly. the soles and sides of the shoes are one solid piece and the support is fantastic. The grip never failed me on the concrete, rubber mats, sand,grass, dirt, and even the iceplant. I used mine in the event and saw many players using them at worlds(which is unusual to use new gear in such high pressure contest). These shoes are winners!

Comment

Yay love my new KEEN Delaveagas comfy right out of the box. I wore them for a practice round, but like my Milo IIs they are a bit to warm for me to wear in hot weather. They will be awesome this fall and winter though.

Cindy
                    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

they make my feet look fat.

... but they are comfy... i wore them for three rounds straight out the box... when will keen start making a shoe that emphasizes the petite and delicate nature of my feetsies???
                      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                        Well matt may not have gotten his, but this is MY thread.

I got mine yesterday but haven't had a chance to play in them yet. On the Keen website they suggest that these run about 1/2 size small, so I ordered 1/2 size larger than normal and for me they fit perfectly. I like the wide footbed because I have wide-ish feet. very comfortable for the few hours I walked around in them. I will report back after Worlds!
                        Good to know regarding ordering a half size up. Any word on how YOUR shoes are doing after Worlds Matt?

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                        -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Good to know regarding ordering a half size up. Any word on how YOUR shoes are doing after Worlds Matt?
                          They are great and now I have two pair!

I brought them to Worlds not knowing if I wanted to play the tournament rounds in them but after wearing them for a few hours and walking a course in them I decided they were good to go. As mentioned by others they break in very quickly. I never really noticed them during my four rounds, which all in all is a good thing. Very comfortable, great grip.

One of my cardmates did have one of the raised tread parts delaminate on him during the round which was not encouraging and he was pretty pissed. Hopefully that will prove to be an anomaly.

The 1/2 size up thing worked perfectly for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            The bottom is completely different on the new shoe. Its one piece for starters, but I also loved the bottom of the Milo II, and never had any real issues with it.

Comment

Guess all I need to do now is figure out which kidney to sell...

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by Jessenumber1 View Post
                                I got a pair of Milo 2s and when laced up even mildly tight the tongue would bunch up creating pressure points on the top of my foot. I even tried to modify a wrist band to create a buffer for this since everything else I liked about them. Didn't help so I ended up taking them back and the guy at the store said that a pretty large amount of the Milos, and now the Milo 2s were returned due to that issue specifically.

I had the same problem with mine. I jsut started to lace them a little looser than I normally would, and the problem went away. or you can just loosed the lace over the pressure point. great shoes though, i want to get the delaveaga's, they look amazing.
                                Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X