• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keen Delaveaga

Awwwww yeah!

Time to use my M3PO raffle certificate.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/pr...chili%20pepper

I wonder how it differs from the Milo 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Ditto me too? It really looks no different except for the colors. Upon comparing the pictures it does look like the toes are much beefier on the Dela than the Milo IIs. Otherwise they look the same pretty much.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Nice looking shoe.
        I like the low profile.
        I haven't seen that type of curved lacing system; where the laces taper toward the outstep quite like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          From this thread on DGCR:
          http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=40042

"Keen is making their 3rd disc golf shoe called the 'Delaveaga'. I spoke with a gal at Keen on the phone briefly about it. My Milo 2 toe drag spot is very undone and peeling up bad. These new Delas are supposed to be one solid rubber spot their so this doesn't happen."

"I saw some at the Keen booth while at the Beaver State Fling. They look alot like the Milo 2 but the tougne is red. The guy said the major improvement was the sole being one piece to avoid the way the soles can pull apart. "

I spoke with Dave Munk about the Keen disc golf shoes this Spring and he encouraged me to wait for the Delaveagas to come out and said he thought they were going to have the issues fixed and would be a great shoe. I won a gift certificate for a pair of Keens so its a no brainer for me, otherwise I'd probably wait and read some reviews.

Comment

Does anyone know where these can be had? I called the Keen garage store and they were not in stock yet and the gal was not even sure when or if they would get them in.
            The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

Originally posted by grant View Post
              Does anyone know where these can be had? I called the Keen garage store and they were not in stock yet and the gal was not even sure when or if they would get them in.
              The only way to get them for quite a while yet is to order them directly from Keen. Most retailers won't ever carry them.

Comment

I've had my De La's for what 2 or 3 weeks now.. They are great. The toe area is a little bit wider than the Milo 2's and while the upper of the shoe looks very similar, colors aside. The bottom is completely different. The tread pattern grips very well in wet grass, the "nubs" we'll call them, aren't as shallow either. The rubber they use seems to be more durable as well. I burn through shoes with how much I golf and what not, and I can already say these will be my most durable Keens yet.

Comment

Bruce where did you pick these up at? Did you have to order through Keen website? And hhow do they run in sizes about the same as the milo 2's?
                  The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

A few of the "REAL" competetive guys in Oregon have had these since nationals. They seem to be holding up pretty well and come highly recommended from the 2-3 guys I've asked about them.
                    FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

I got my through David Munk, but as far as I know you have to get them through the website. And not sure if it's because of the wider 'toe bed' or not, but these feel a little bigger on my feet. If Keen made a 12.5 I would wear those instead of my 13's.

Comment

Anyone know if the bunching issues with the tongue have been resolved?

Comment

I can't say I've ever experienced a bunching issue in the...half dozen pair of keens I've had.

Comment

I got a pair of Milo 2s and when laced up even mildly tight the tongue would bunch up creating pressure points on the top of my foot. I even tried to modify a wrist band to create a buffer for this since everything else I liked about them. Didn't help so I ended up taking them back and the guy at the store said that a pretty large amount of the Milos, and now the Milo 2s were returned due to that issue specifically.

Comment

I very lightly lace up my Milo 2's love how snug they are without having to be tied tightly. Can't wait to get my Dela's

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X