X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innova Ape...

So I thought this driver is suposed to be stable?? My Z Nuke is way more over stable compaired to my Champion Ape. I have only thrown the Ape for 2 days now and I find it to be almost flippy at high speed snap (RHBH). At slow speeds its realy stable tho, say a drive less than 250 feet. However when I start trying to go past 350 feet I kinda have to give it some hyzer so the disc will snap to flat, if not the Ape will go anti-hyzer on me. Or because I think its way stable plastic I'm puting too much anti-hyzer on my longer drives??
    This is a regular run 172 Champion Ape, if that makes any difference..
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Hmmm... I thought mine was pretty overstable. It flew a lot like a glow Destroyer, so I saw no need to add it to the bag, but still...
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Either you have a bum ape or your inducing OAT or Off-Axis Torque to the disc. A disc as fast and stable as the Ape shouldn't turn with less than 400' of power. A good way to tell if you're torquing it is to try throwing a more neutral driver the same way. If the neutral driver is flipping hard you might be torquing it, as well as the ape.

Comment

My Ape acted like a beat up boss right out of the box which I love. Broken in, with a backhand it handles 400 feet of snap no problem. Sidearm gets a little flippy on me but when I throw it hard, high and don't turn it into the ground it holds the anny line forrrrrrrevvvver
        Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by himynameismatt View Post
          Either you have a bum ape or your inducing OAT or Off-Axis Torque to the disc. A disc as fast and stable as the Ape shouldn't turn with less than 400' of power. A good way to tell if you're torquing it is to try throwing a more neutral driver the same way. If the neutral driver is flipping hard you might be torquing it, as well as the ape.
          I do have a strong arm control problem but I think this Ape is not right, flies like a beat up Boss. I think I'm gona see if any of the other regular players I know has a champ Ape and compare...
          Hukin since 1992
          DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
            I do have a strong arm control problem but I think this Ape is not right, flies like a beat up Boss. I think I'm gona see if any of the other regular players I know has a champ Ape and compare...
            I wouldn't doubt that you have a bum disc. It's been known to happen on occasion. I had Brand new Pro Destroyer a few months ago that absolutely refused to stay in the air.

Comment

If you are looking for a true overstable high speed driver you should pick up a C-line PD2 from Discmania. I throw a 175g and it is more overstable than a new xcaliber and just as fast. The people I know that have thrown the ape say it is a very straight flying disc with a strong fade, less overstable than expected. I have seen people flip them pretty hard.

Comment

Innova Ape...

I must say, the first run Apes are much more stable than the mass manufactured ones. Wish they could all be the same mold.

Comment

I have a 172 first run Ape and it is very stable. I have a great arm but couldn't even start to dream about flipping that bad boy over. You must have a lemon.

Comment

my ape never left the garbage can.

Comment

Yup the Ape I got is not an Ape, it flies like a Boss. I did throw another Champion Ape and WOW its super stable. I musta got a defective Ape, it flies good tho just not realy stable..
                      Hukin since 1992
                      DGOD #115

Comment

You should send it back to Innova with a letter requesting a new one. Man I wonder what their quality control department would do if more people sent disc back for various issues.
                        PDGA #25296
                        Stumptown #34

Comment

Going Ape Shhh

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
                          my ape never left the garbage can.
                          Nice Sines, that line cracks me up.

I too have a new Champion 175 Ape, worked great when I bought it for my forehand. Now after less than 3-weeks of use it is flipping on my forehand throw. I have since bought a Nuke OS. This disc does not flip regardless of the torque I am capable of, even lets me do some hard throwing forehand flex shots which I was not capable of with other discs. But that Ape gave me the farthest distance out of the box I have thrown on forehand. Bummer it does not seam to last.
                          PDGA# 49616
                          Stumptown# 353
                          OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

I am getting an OS or three very soon. The question being, do I really need it?
                            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

I too have a new Champion 175 Ape, worked great when I bought it for my forehand. Now after less than 3-weeks of use it is flipping on my forehand throw. I have since bought a Nuke OS. This disc does not flip regardless of the torque I am capable of, even lets me do some hard throwing forehand flex shots which I was not capable of with other discs. But that Ape gave me the farthest distance out of the box I have thrown on forehand. Bummer it does not seam to last.[/QUOTE]

Mazza has a couple of Nuke OS's ,I threw one LHFH and was impressed. Couldn't flip it over. Lately my disc selection has been going towards Discraft over Innova just for this reason. I have a 149 esp Flick and its stil over-stable after 3 years of abuse.
                              Hukin since 1992
                              DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X