X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You get 1.5 discs ONLY!!!!

Idea I have been kicking around for best disc doubles.

You and your partner SHARE 3 discs. Take two shots for each lie and obviously can't both use the same disc from either the tee or a lie. You must decide who will throw which disc each time.

So the question is who is your partner and what three discs do you pick?

Side question out of curiousness do you think a different number of discs would make for a more dynamic partnership?
    sigpic

I'll take Nate Doss and whatever discs he wants!

This sounds like a very cool idea. I think I will be trying this in the near future. Wouldn't you say Dizzle?

Comment

Understable roc
      Stable roc
      Kc aviar

Team green light!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe have a couple putters available for each team so you can each take a putt when needed. Maybe 5 discs to share. Then you have to decide who will get to rip and who will get to stay in the fairway. With the 5 disc game I would go with,

2 aviars
      2 rocs
      1 destroyer
      Same partner.
      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

If you're not allowing same disc twice, that'd make the putting situation the kicker on how well tolerated it would be by any sizable group.

Make me decide which disc to drive or approach with from a very limited selection - ok with that
        Make us decide which of the pair gets "the putter" - and who would have to "putt with something else" - could lead to unrest.

Picking two favored putters out of three available discs would of course be an option, but... again could lead to some grumpy players.

My cardinal rule for alternative format play with groups (general show-up groups that is vs. hand selected invitees) is that the average doubles player wants 18 drives and 18 putts. Everything else is negotiable. Mess with this, and maybe it'll work, or maybe you'll get some grouchy.

Comment

But thinking about it on your parting question, limited disc partner rounds are a great concept.

I'd consider 4 Disc Doubles.

**most would consider it "Putter plus 1" (x2)
          One partner would likely pick a favored midrange, and the other would supplement with a fairway driver/driver of some sort, and strategize shared use from there.

But I know you're a numbers guy, so its hard to resist the .5!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
            I'll take Nate Doss and whatever discs he wants!

This sounds like a very cool idea. I think I will be trying this in the near future. Wouldn't you say Dizzle?
            This does sound like fun. Me and Kyle would be in with an APX, Buzzz and Force. Team PIC is ready for action.
            A par is not a bogey.

Comment

4 Disc Doubles is probably the best format. Each player picks their preferred putter, which could be a midrange. Then the two players will have to decided on the drivers to be used.

Nathan and Brian,

I'm game. Let's plan on a doubles match sometime this month. Kenny you in?

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
                4 Disc Doubles is probably the best format. Each player picks their preferred putter, which could be a midrange. Then the two players will have to decided on the drivers to be used.

Nathan and Brian,

only issue have with four is that it sort of becomes I use my 2 you use your 2. no real dilema about who gets to use the putter for the 35 footer or who is better off the tee with the one driver you have.

Diciding as a team that putting so important to YOUR team that you need 2 putters or if your on my team maybe no putters (because a cereal bowl or hat is the only thing i've ever had any success using them for.) instead we pick one flippy mid range and one stable midrange plus a big driver.

I think 4 or more makes deciding what use minor detail instead of the most important decision EVER. For me choosing 2 discs to play a round with is easy, 1.5 on the other hand... not so much. The discs you and you partner choose and the situations you get into becuase of the limitations in disc selection is the essence of this format.
                sigpic

Comment

Definitely sounds like an interesting way to play, but 3 vs. 4 discs introduces an amount of luck over skill that irks me in competition. 4 discs still leaves out a lot of options, but leaves room for versatility and enough breathing room for it to be fun while in competition.

Comment

Three Discs:
                    FLX Buzzz
                    Z Tracker (Fairway like flight, Big D capable)
                    Yeti Pro (Cycled into the bag a couple weeks ago and loving it!)

Partner: Out of my friend Casey Bancroft

Out of dream teams: Dion Arlyn
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post

Nathan and Brian,

I beleive West Sound Basket Case is ready to roll!

P
                      I
                      C

Concerning the 3 vs. 4...I'm all for 3! Having only one putter for two players (assuming that's their preference) is not too dissimilar from playing alternate shot doubles where only one player is putting at each basket.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kenny B;101659]I beleive West Sound Basket Case is ready to roll!

P
                        I
                        C

QUOTE]

Watch out Kenny. Nathan and i may decide to change our discs to 3 Nuke OS, then we will be untouchable.

Comment

Hmmm... Okay i see a flaw in this thread so far that could really affect it. Because I know for me what discs and even what partner changes drastically based on what course I have in my head.

What COURSE?
                          What Partner?
                          What Discs?

NAD
                          My Dad
                          Yeti, Lat 64 Zero, Star SL
                          sigpic

Comment

At NAD probably an Aviar P&A, Buzz, and an Orc/Flash (pretty much the same disc). what do you think Yardbird?

Comment

I'm thinking Ape, The Wheel, and an epic....

NAD for me - my putter, core, plus fairway driver of partners choice. I could likely live off the core and putter fairly decently.

That selection would hold for most of Kitsap/Westsound, except the bud.

Morgan, its true that course selection is giant in whether a restricted disc number is significant. I'm thinking, the springs, Riverside, Tac,etc, etc, the Bud,etc, etc would all lead to mental decision making stress.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X