X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WestsoundBT View Post
    I'm thinking Ape, The Wheel, and an epic....
    Scratch the Ape, get a Turbo Putt
    , or a Quest AT overmold

or a Juju

or a Buzzbee
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

For NAD, I would choose my putter, roadrunner, and partners choice for a stable driver (orc?). Of course, my team would get the advantage of a righty/lefty combo.

After thinking about the 3 vs. 4 discs, I think 3 is the way to go.

Based on some of the responses of disc selection, I am surprised that people are picking a midrange. If you are only allowed three discs, seems to me that you would want a understable driver, stable/overstable driver, and a putter.

Also, I wouldn't consider using only 3 discs having a little bit of luck involved. I would think the opposite. The player who could use only 3 discs and score better than another opponent would be better skilled.

I normally only use 5 discs (3 drivers, 1 mid, 1 putter) in a competitive round of golf and 2 other discs (understable mid, more overstable driver) in a few rare shot selections.

Comment

Depends on my partner

If I was stuck using only 3 it would be:

Champ Destroyer
        Gummy Rhyno
        SS Wizard

I'm guessing my partner wouldn't much like the Destroyer or Rhyno so the Rhyno has got to go. I do very well with Eagles since I can tomahawk and approach with them so that's the way to go I'm guessing. I could also putt with the Rhyno and leave the wizard behind if I really HAD to (and the course was not hilly, like Lunchtime-Rhynos run).

4 disc format is
        Champ Destroyer
        Partners Choice
        SS wizard
        Partners Choice
        FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
          For NAD, I would choose my putter, roadrunner, and partners choice for a stable driver (orc?). Of course, my team would get the advantage of a righty/lefty combo.

After thinking about the 3 vs. 4 discs, I think 3 is the way to go.

Based on some of the responses of disc selection, I am surprised that people are picking a midrange. If you are only allowed three discs, seems to me that you would want a understable driver, stable/overstable driver, and a putter.

Also, I wouldn't consider using only 3 discs having a little bit of luck involved. I would think the opposite. The player who could use only 3 discs and score better than another opponent would be better skilled.

I normally only use 5 discs (3 drivers, 1 mid, 1 putter) in a competitive round of golf and 2 other discs (understable mid, more overstable driver) in a few rare shot selections.
          The reason me and Kyle would want a mid is because we think it could always be used to throw a "safe" shot and leave the person with the driver to "go for it." Also, a mid is easier to putt with than a driver. And since we both throw backhand and forehand the overstable driver works well for that.

I can't wait to try this out. I'm ready!
          A par is not a bogey.

Comment

----"I'm guessing my partner wouldn't much like the Destroyer or Rhyno...."----

Gosh, this issue could be tough for day-of pairings at an event. I think that's why most may still mostly play their own disc, even with 3. (and definitely with 4 as predicted) You know, some of us are pretty particular - I'd hate to see partners brawling before tee off!

What if my drawn overhand-throwin' partner has this beat to crazy 161g pro katana that he just "has to" play with. I'll have noooo idea what that thing will do. (I'd survive, of course, but I'd likely let him use it exclusively = losing my extra .5 disc)

Bring your own dubs.. well, we can practice. At least that's what Team Enigma will do...

if we can get our hands on a loaner Buzzbee, that is.

Comment

So, West Sound Basket Case vs. PIC vs. Team Enigma eh...since I'm traveling for the holiday, it would probably have to be next week. But what course? And what's at stake?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
                So, West Sound Basket Case vs. PIC vs. Team Enigma eh...since I'm traveling for the holiday, it would probably have to be next week. But what course? And what's at stake?
                Make sure you sign up team ROC. I think you already know what 3 discs we will be throwing.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC View Post
                  Make sure you sign up team ROC. I think you already know what 3 discs we will be throwing.
                  Sure, you wanna join in on the fun? Who's your partner?

Comment

Sure, you wanna join in on the fun? Who's your partner?
                    My partner isn't for sure, but I'm going to try and talk Feldberg into playing with me, so sign us up.

Comment

My partner isn't for sure, but I'm going to try and talk Feldberg into playing with me, so sign us up.
                      That should be good because I'm playing with Doss.

Comment

That'll be fun - the big Zulu bag with only 1.5 discs in it!

Comment

How about the Fairgrounds course? A warm up for the next Bag Tag Challenge monthly on July 16th.

What's at stake? Braggin' rights.

Next week would be better for me too.

On a side note: What happens if a disc is lost? Does the team have to play the rest of the round with two discs? Or can the team bring a backup of each mold to only use if lost?

Comment

Here's a thought -

I think Team Enigma's fallen into what Morgan was not hoping for - we've already strategized/discussed "you throw your favorite, I'll throw my favorite, and then we'll see who puts"

That's not the disc decision making that was aimed for... but still a good/great format.

Would you think that more thinking would come into play if it was doubles with a strict alternating shot round? Each team member would definitely have three discs to chose from without having to take one out of the hands of a partner. That'd also free up the single putter (if selected) for a come back putt by the partner also.

But then again, I might be thinking this way so the round could play fast enough to be fit in on a weekday evening after work.... at Fairgrounds...

**It is true that the alternating format would usually violate my aforementioned 18 drives and 18 putts concept that most people desire in a regular weekly dubs event round.*** But for taking on PIC and WS Basket Case... I'll game for anything (except an opposite hand round! or a semi-blind ninja round)

No backups - if alternating shot, the teammate is the responsible spotter.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X