X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carts

Does anyone recommend a good disc golf cart.
    Putting......heh...EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Sun Mountain
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.sigpicJohn Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Maidenrules View Post
      The only really decent product available commercially as a "disc golf cart" is the Go Cart from gottagogottathrow.com. It's pretty nice, about $200 shipped.

Most people have made their own using a ball golf push cart or baby stroller.

I took a basic used push cart from Play It Again Sports, removed extraneous hardware, drilled holes through the frame and attached an L shaped shelf bracket. Then used bolts with wing nuts to attach a piece of plywood to the bracket on which my Revolution bag sits. I use the umbrella loops to secure it to the cart, and the bag straps go through the cart handle. You can use bungees too for more support. Lots of different ideas and designs out there.

Comment

Cart

Originally posted by Maidenrules View Post
        Mad Dogz Hobby will be getting some carts in soon, if enterested let me know and i will send pics and info we i get them in.

Thanks

Comment

A cart? A CART!?

I would consider a cart to be the antithesis of the entire idea of disc golf. If you seriously think you need a cart, then you seriously need to think about carrying less plastic.

I carry 18 discs -- max, usually 12-15, or 10 for night rounds, but I know I could get by with just 2 or 3. Sure, I've got a lot of plastic too, probably 30-40 kickin' around that I don't even throw or that are backups of a critical disc, but even when I carry 18, I usually only use about 6 of those discs 95% of the time.

I've seen a couple of yokels truckin' carts around on our rugged courses over the years...they really look just as foolish as the ya-hoos that are so afraid to put their enormous bag on the ground that they have the little stool to hold it up.

If you think your ability to play a good round is limited by the amount of plastic you can lug (or cart) around the course, then maybe you should think about expanding your abilities before you expand your inventory.
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Burge View Post
            A cart? A CART!?

I would consider a cart to be the antithesis of the entire idea of disc golf. If you seriously think you need a cart, then you seriously need to think about carrying less plastic.

I carry 18 discs -- max, usually 12-15, or 10 for night rounds, but I know I could get by with just 2 or 3. Sure, I've got a lot of plastic too, probably 30-40 kickin' around that I don't even throw or that are backups of a critical disc, but even when I carry 18, I usually only use about 6 of those discs 95% of the time.

I've seen a couple of yokels truckin' carts around on our rugged courses over the years...they really look just as foolish as the ya-hoos that are so afraid to put their enormous bag on the ground that they have the little stool to hold it up.

If you think your ability to play a good round is limited by the amount of plastic you can lug (or cart) around the course, then maybe you should think about expanding your abilities before you expand your inventory.
            Because what works for one person should work for every person.

Comment

A cart? A CART!?

Man, I would love to watch Ulibarri whoop your ass pulling around his cart.
              or Barry, or Drew, or the Kirklands...
              Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Burge, all I can say is your attitude shows obvious noob status with DG...welcome to the dg ranks, and you know...folks round here been playing this game longer than you've been alive...might want to see that as a chance to gain years of experience concerning the game rather than voicing generalities about gear you don't have experience with, and the golfers who use it. That will endear you to few...just a thought...the welcome was sincere.
                Last edited by JMan; June 29th, 2011, 01:46 PM.
                educate your thinking

Comment

A cart? A CART!?

wow, i totally envy your spasm, knot, and pain free back. and you're right... those of us who suffer from pain that is exacerbated by hauling around our bags of plastic, etc. should totally ditch the bulk of our discs, water bottles, spf, bug spray, extra layers and anything else that's going to add weight and be entirely concerned with appearing rugged and bad assed as opposed to admittedly slightly foolish with a cart or setting our bag on the chair so we don't have to bend down as often... heaven forbid someone think disc golfers look nerdy... should i even dare to mention pops' brilliant "minnie on a string" i witnessed at the BSF this weekend? maybe i should just give up disc golf all together...

p.s. i don't carry that much plastic... and i pretty much use every disc in every round... i've culled in the last couple months, getting rid of the ones that are just for show...

... alright, rant off.
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

p.p.s. burge, i'm sorry for ranting at you. i'm clearly just jealous that my back hurts all the time and apparently yours does not.

Comment

A cart? A CART!?

I've had some back problems for about 10 years or so, and I really can't wear a backpack or any weight on my shoulders that compresses my spine anymore. After an hour or so I am in bad shape. Luckily for me my back problems are not aggravated by throwing. So I use a cart to play disc golf.

You are jumping to some really asinine conclusions here about why people use a cart. You clearly assume it has to do with wanting to carry way too much plastic. Your idea that using a cart is somehow antithetical to "the entire idea of disc golf" is equally baseless.

You don't appear to be a PDGA member so I have no way to gauge your ability as a golfer. But I'm guessing from the tone and off the mark content of your post that you are probably a young guy who doesn't know a lot about disc golf, disc golfers or disc golf history and culture, and who is probably not all that great of a player. I think I could probably whip your ass at disc golf even though I am an old dude with a cart.

Why you would think that this thread is a good place to throw your opinion around and tell people to "expand their abilities" simply because they use a cart is mindboggling. You come off sounding like a childish jackass.

I'm not really sure it can be succintly defined, but wouldn't the "entire idea of disc golf" be along the lines of: "Have fun while throwing the fewest strokes and enjoying the fellowship of the game and the other players"? What does using a cart or a lot of discs or a stool have to do with any of that? If you're looking for "the antithesis of the entire idea of disc golf" you've done a pretty good job demonstrating it with the overall attitude and tone of your post.

Good day to you.
                      Last edited by Matt B.; June 29th, 2011, 03:17 PM. Reason: took some insults and cussing out

Comment

sing it on the mountain, brutha matt!!!

... makes me want to delete my apology...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                          The only really decent product available commercially as a "disc golf cart" is the Go Cart from gottagogottathrow.com. It's pretty nice, about $200 shipped.
                          I just ordered one on Monday!
                          DGOD Tag #2
                          Grip Lok Tag #17

Who wants to play?

Comment

Originally posted by ellswrth View Post
                            I just ordered one on Monday!
                            Four rounds at BSF will do that!
                            Man, they look real nice. Please post a review after you've tried it out!

Comment

I think it depends a lot on the course. If the terrain is flat carts can be great. In casual rounds I like the idea of of having a boombox and beers on ice in a mini cooler. I like the one that Barry Shultz is using. This is the first season I have carried a stool in tournament play and It's not that I'm afraid to set my bag down (It has Rhino Liner) I don't have to bend all the way over to get stuff and being able to sit when things get backed up or the bench is full it is great for older peeps. I have even seen one guy that has an umbrella stand on his which is pretty sweet. I would say don't knock until you try it. I only carry 15 discs including 2 putters but when you add on 2 jugs of water/six pack, umbrella, ect it 's heavy. I think I might just go check out that cart that Barry has it looks pretty sweet. I think the dudes with crazy home made carts are cool. It shows ingenuity and if it helps your game then why the F not? I played some glow for the first time at Milo last Saturday night with a dude named Loki and he hooked me up with a disc (off of his cart) and the next day I shaved 4 strokes off of my 3rd round.
                              www.rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X