X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow Nuke=love/hate!

I have been flipping my glow nuke over badly the last couple of days. Today I decided to try throwing it with lots of hyzer, LOTS of hyzer. I was able to hit the pin on 4 blue at white river this morning! That disc was almost sideways coming outa my hand (RHBH), then it layed flat as a pancake about 20 feet off the ground. I just stood on the t-pad and stared, almost dumb struck. I think the glow plastic nukes are realy flippy compared to the Z plastic versions.
    Anybody else flipping their glow nukes? or is it just too much snap I'm giving it?
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

I've actually found the Glow Plastics to be more overstable. I have a Glow Stalker that I have to throw pretty clean and hard flat before it starts to flip. I haven't played with a Glow Nuke yet.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Mikk, I agree with you. The Glow's are definitely more flippy.

Comment

My glo is fine, neutral even, but my X Nukes, understable greatness. But remember the Nuke is understable at high speeds, you throw it hard Mikk and it's going over, as it slows it will come back.
        educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
          My glo is fine, neutral even, but my X Nukes, understable greatness. But remember the Nuke is understable at high speeds, you throw it hard Mikk and it's going over, as it slows it will come back.
          Oddly enough it doesn't come back, unless I put lots of hyzer in it.
          Hukin since 1992
          DGOD #115

Comment

I have a 161g (yes, 161!) ESP Nuke that is very very very flippy. Not sure whether that's just due to the weight -- but probably.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              I have a 161g (yes, 161!) ESP Nuke that is very very very flippy. Not sure whether that's just due to the weight -- but probably.
              I have a 171 ESP Nuke that was out of the box flippy. Is the color that off salmon pinkish color?

My buddy Casey has a 162 ESP Nuke that was out of the box flippy as well. It's also that salmon pinkish color
              Last edited by General Scales; April 27th, 2011, 03:25 PM. Reason: Brain dumb
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

My glow nuke is way flippier than my regular z nuke. It comes back at the end of the flight if I put a lot of hyzer on it.

Comment

Dunno about glow Z Nuke, though Jordan throws the snot out of his: flat. My first run Z (thanks Dave Z!) is awesome, perfectly straight and long. Production Z Nukes are a bit overstable, and the ESP Nuke I had instantly wore down into a very flippy impossible-to-control-but-once-I-threw-it-over-450-at-Trojan turnover disc.
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                    I have a 171 ESP Nuke that was out of the box flippy. Is the color that off salmon pinkish color?

My buddy Casey has a 162 ESP Nuke that was out of the box flippy as well. It's also that salmon pinkish color
                    Yup, mine is that same salmon/coral color.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                      Yup, mine is that same salmon/coral color.
                      Yeah, for some reason, that particular color seems to be way flippier than the rest of them. I'm not sure why this is but it seems to be a trend instead of a one off thing.
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

i have had a first run esp nuke and first run z nukes. NUKES ARE FLIPPY. they have a good amount of high speed turn. if u are having a problem with ur nuke flipping and not coming back. i would say 2 things 1st try to throw it with more hyzer as the do make a good hyzer flip driver.2nd is put more air under it a.k.a throw it a bit higher. i have found for my 450+ft bombs the disc is about 30ft in the air. this way it has a better chance of burning off all the energy it has. witch causes it to die out to the left as i'm a rhbh thrower

Comment

Originally posted by mazza View Post
                          i have had a first run esp nuke and first run z nukes. NUKES ARE FLIPPY. they have a good amount of high speed turn. if u are having a problem with ur nuke flipping and not coming back. i would say 2 things 1st try to throw it with more hyzer as the do make a good hyzer flip driver.2nd is put more air under it a.k.a throw it a bit higher. i have found for my 450+ft bombs the disc is about 30ft in the air. this way it has a better chance of burning off all the energy it has. witch causes it to die out to the left as i'm a rhbh thrower
                          Yes they are. They tend to have a lot of left to right movement before they finally settle back left. The one thing I like about this disc is the fact that it will helix without being forced to helix. I had a P-Line DD2 Frenzy that was like my beat Nuke out of the box. When that thing got some beatings in it, it was Vulcan flippy.
                          Cleveland Brown

Comment

I was getting practice at White River DGC on the blue t-pads. I was able to hit the porta potty on hole 5, thats pin deep but about 45(?) feet left. I was atempting to slightly hyzer flip my glow Nuke but the darn thing went straight as an arrow. Thinking about that I threw the Nuke on hole 17 with what I thought was a littlee bit more hyzer-flip and the disc flipped over and turned roller on me!
                            Just when I think I'm getting my Nuke to fly it says nay-nay, not yet bro however it is the farthest disc I have thrown...
                            Hukin since 1992
                            DGOD #115

Comment

The flat Nukes tend to be the overstable ones. The domey ones seem less stable, which is odd since that goes against the normal Discraft rule of thumb. That's my only input.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X