X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blang11 View Post
    The flat Nukes tend to be the overstable ones. The domey ones seem less stable, which is odd since that goes against the normal Discraft rule of thumb. That's my only input.
    Not sure what the "Discraft rule of thumb" is but in general the more domed a disc is, the less stable it is. Flat top discs are more stable.

Comment

I seem to remember a thread that dealt with this topic of dome versus flat. I think the general consensus was while it takes more to flip a flat disc, once it's flipped they stay flipped way longer. While it was easier to flip a domey disc, they flip back faster due to air under the flight plate or something along these lines. It's a little early for my foggy memory.

Back to topic, Discraft is producing the Nuke OS according to their website. I'm guessing this is the Over Stable version of the Nuke. Can't wait to get one.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Back to topic, Discraft is producing the Nuke OS according to their website. I'm guessing this is the Over Stable version of the Nuke. Can't wait to get one.
        I saw a banner ad for a NUKE OS back when they first announced the SS. I havent found anything anywhere about since then. And I can't see anything on their website so... I hope they are making it. We'll see.

Comment

I threw one that Greg Barsby had. It is what the name implies a fast, long-distance, overstable driver. It will be a nice addition to the discraft arsenal.

Comment

anyone tried the nuke SS?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
              Not sure what the "Discraft rule of thumb" is but in general the more domed a disc is, the less stable it is. Flat top discs are more stable.
              Agreed... I know this is a Discraft thread, but look at the difference between the 1rst run ce domey(nice slow turn)discs and the 2nd run ce flat(over stable)as a pancake discs. The flat ones just dont carry the air underneath them and in such just drop faster. But, believe what you want...

Comment

I got that glow nuke to roll 425 feet today! over shot hole 17 blue at white river!!!! So now I know if I need super flippy to roller the glow nuke is it. Now to try that same shot on blue 5 "island" hole.. cant wait until tomorow..
                I used the glow nuke out at Lucky Mud, I forgot what hole # it is. Its 512 feet and down hill with the basket back and left behind a realy big tree. Anyway it realy flipped right but had enough room to start to come back. Bolth times I had about 70ft putt. Might work out for me at Steili s.w. 4. The big anti-bomb with the mando tree. Looks like I gota get another glow nuke!
                Hukin since 1992
                DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X