Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need a new bag

help me out here, amigos y amigas...

... i super need a new bag as i am plagued by back issues...

... the quad shox do not fit my torso, which is super short, and therefore my bag hangs down to my butt and gives me spasms (also it gets my butt wet, which is cold enough as it is, and it looks funny to have wet patches on my booty)... i am in love with the grip eq bag, but it won't come out til september and i need something before then...

advice, please & thank you!!!
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
    help me out here, amigos y amigas...

... i super need a new bag as i am plagued by back issues...

advice, please & thank you!!!
    CART - It's what's for old people. (Or people with back issues)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
      CART - It's what's for old people. (Or people with back issues)
      Matt just called Emma OLD!

I see a little in the future.

Bob

Comment

Have you tried the smaller version of the quads?

If you go the cart route I'd suggest the pimp one at gottagogottathrow.
        http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgol...rt-p-1689.html

Comment

I'd definitely recommend a backpack style bag, my experience is they're a lot better at distributing the weight (plus your straps are a lot easier to keep dry). Pretty much only a few options there though, the Revo backpacks, the GB Simian, or the Mystery Ranch Golf Majal, or you might be able to score a Grip if you can someone selling their old one. My personal opinion is that the best bang for the buck is one of the Revo bags, and the best all around is the Mystery Ranch. The Simian is solid too, but more expensive than it should be, IMO.

Edit: I haven't been keeping up on stuff lately, but Grip is supposedly hoping to have their new and revised version out in June or earlier. Who knows if they'll be able to meet that deadline or not. http://grip-eq.com/media/single/second_run/
          Last edited by Tim; April 6th, 2011, 09:58 AM.
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

You should try this one!!

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
              Matt just called Emma OLD!

I see a little in the future.

Bob
              Bob, the words in parentheses still count.

Comment

If she walked/drove that onto a course there would be someone screaming "no corperate sponcers on my course" and probably flatten her tires.

Comment

I have a few carts, you can check them out before 3po.
                  Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                  Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

focus people!!!

bob, do have anything useful to contribute here or have you just been waiting for the opportunity to use that photo?

matt... i totally gave you the benefit of the doubt that the parentheses were referring to me... which you are lucky since i am on the tail end of my pre-midlife crisis and tend towards touchy on the age subject... helps that i keep forgetting how old i am... oh, no! does that mean i'm getting old?!

... rolly carts i don't think are my deal... my home course is not super rolly cart friendly... plus, i'm not that old, dammit...

tim, i got word from a pretty dang good source (the amazing rebecca duffy thru cindy mcmahan) that the grip bags are being reworked and now won't be ready until september... bother...

jevon, thanks for the link... i will check out the smaller size quad shox perhaps to hold me over til the end of the summer...

... anybody know what kind of back pack melo is rocking? she's a smaller gal...

thanks!

Comment

It's a Revolution bag... not sure what model.
                      Last edited by ericedge; April 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM. Reason: image didn't attach, went with link...

Comment

Originally posted by ericedge View Post

thank you.

Comment

Living in the valley in California for 2 years has totally changed my perspective on "strollers/joggers/carts". They were everywhere, sure a lot more in the older group of guys and gals used them but plenty of amateurs including myself used joggers that we have/had for our kids, modified them to fit disc golf and it was awesome.
                          So don't think carts/joggers = old, it just being resourceful and they can carry a whole lot more without the back issues. I'm only 29 now and I've been using my son's jogger for rounds for the last 3-4 years. Do what you think is best for you, not what other people think, besides if they say anything, they are just jealous... Once my 2nd son is done with the jogger, you can be sure I am modifing the crap out of it to fit disc golf..

Comment

[If possible can you send a couple photos of the stroller setup? Wondering why Innova or some company has not come out with a luggage style bag/cart combo?? It seems simple enough to take a over head luggage with wheels and adapt it for disc...

Comment

Originally posted by ericedge View Post
                              Hey you Steve totally has the revo backpack, and you can totally check it out anytime.

I love my revo bag, but am having some of the same back issues. Yes I am old, but not ready for a cart. I might have to check out the smaller shock straps that might help thanks Jevron.

Cindy
                              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176
                              PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X