X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
    cool, thanks, morgan. i was able to try on a grip eq bag... and fell in love... but i can't wait until september... don't want to throw down the big $$ unless i'm sure it's gonna work out for me... but am more than happy to throw down for the perfect bag
    How many discs in your bag including putters?
    Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
    Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
      How many discs in your bag including putters?
      i think 16.
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

... and as i keep pointing out: all about me here, folks... all about me and my shortie torso...
        In that case I recommend a Gucci/Prada/Burberry Bag with matching heeled trail runner.
        Last edited by Cajun; April 9th, 2011, 10:38 AM. Reason: ER spell check

Comment

not that they don't fit the simian, but that if the quadshox dont fit me, then the simian probably won't fit me either... (remember... this thread is about me, not you )

hehehe.
          I was directing my question to cerrgurry. My quads stay in place just perfect on the simian. But Tim is right, the quads or the stock strap on the simian ride completely different than regular bag hook ups, which are way low. THis is one of the main reasons I switched to the backpack style, other than the chair, because the bag would ride low and hit my butt and just cause all kids of back issues for me.
          Obviously you can see that on the pictures of the new simian that the straps are at a different location. I am making a video on my bag contents etc to be released soon.
          As for Emma, any backpack design will probably work for you, but it is up to you to try them all out to see which one you like the best. The simian is probably the biggest in height. There are plenty of simian and revo players to help you sample their bags. We all will probably be curious on what your reviews of the other backpack bags are...

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun View Post
            In that case I recommend a Gucci/Prada/Buerberry Bag with matching heeled trail runner.
            you, sir, have offended my hillbilly sensibilities.

p.s. you spelled burberry wrong
            Last edited by emmarose; April 8th, 2011, 10:17 AM. Reason: spelling/fashion police

Comment

Emma, I had the same issues with the quads, and I fixed it by removing the carabiners, D-rings, and all from the back straps. Then I just threaded the black strap material of the quads through the D-rings on my bag, adjusted to as high as it will go. The only issue is that the straps have to rotate 90 degrees for attachment, but it didn't affect my comfort level any.

If your bag is capable of this, I recommend it as a solution until you get a different setup. If it isn't capable, it wouldn't take too long to sew a couple of D-rings to your bag.
              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

thank you for the info, chuck. will do this tonight!!! should hold me over until i can make the big investment in a new bag...

Comment

Off subject but...

I got a combination backpack/carryon luggage roller as a free gift from work the other day. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I could fit two of the revo backpack plastic frames one on top of the other in there. A couple dozen discs, plus a built in pullcart that can be easily slid away and converted into a somewhat comfortable back pack, might make me retire my revo bag.

If I get inspired, I'll try to build an internal frame sturdy enough to sit on like the simian, and a lift for some bigger tires.

I'll post a few pictures when/if it's functional.

To bring it back to the subject...

Emma, I'll sell you the finished product for $500 dollars (75% forum disccount included)
                  Read this ^

Comment

The straps that I use came from an army surplus store. They are stiff- have no bouncy give, and are fairly short so my carolina bag (with straps fully extended) sits above my arse. I find these straps way more comfortable than my dga gel straps and they are about 35 dollars cheaper. Could be worth a 5 dollar experiment.

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                    Off subject but...

I got a combination backpack/carryon luggage roller as a free gift from work the other day. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I could fit two of the revo backpack plastic frames one on top of the other in there. A couple dozen discs, plus a built in pullcart that can be easily slid away and converted into a somewhat comfortable back pack, might make me retire my revo bag.

If I get inspired, I'll try to build an internal frame sturdy enough to sit on like the simian, and a lift for some bigger tires.

Emma, I'll sell you the finished product for $500 dollars (75% forum disccount included)

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                      Off subject but...

...hmmm... will it come in burberry plaid?

Comment

...hmmm... will it come in burberry plaid?
                        So much for the hillbilly sensibilities...

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun View Post
                          So much for the hillbilly sensibilities...
                          us hillbilly gals can be fickle...

Comment

Emma,

I just bought a Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal Pack. This is an expensive Pack, but an amazing weight distribution through the yoke system, comfort, unsurpassed quality of material and craftsmanship, and the ability to collapse the pack down to hold 15-19 discs including putters or expand to hold almost 40 discs. If your willing to spend $150 on a Dual Pack, $180 on a Grip, or $200 on a Simian. Then you might consider $250 for a Yoke harness system that is a dream to carry a heavy load from a company that has proven quality and knowledge of outdoor packs in a versatile design. Umbrella setup is cool too (doubt I will use much though), and fully waterproof with built in rain-fly.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/s.nl/sc....gory.104719/.f

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...=32090&page=20

http://www.mysteryrants.com/category/disc-golf/

I really value my back, since I only get one. My loaded PDGA bag with Innova straps has taken a toll on my spine this season. This Mahal could help me play without pain on those grueling dual 27 hole layout rounds in the Summer at Milo as I try to get as good as the people I admire. They have 3-different sizes to fit any frame, and the yoke is adjustable within each size frame.
                            PDGA# 49616
                            Stumptown# 353
                            OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

I just got a carry on luggage as a new bag. $35 on craigslist. Add some disc sleeves and your set.Recommend Eagle Creek as their wheels are bomber.

Comment

thank you everyone for all of your feedback.

i had the opportunity this last weekend to try on pretty much every pack out there and due to the size of my torso (small and short) the grip bag has come out the winner... rolly carts just won't do for me 'cause of my hillbilly golfer nature and the rugged terrain i am sometimes traveling...

... anyway... josh... lets be in touch re: your previous offer to help out with the grip bag. i'm glad to hear that your set up is working for you!

peace threw disc golf,
                                emmarose

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X