Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the cart thing isn't for me (i don't care if people say it's only for old people... i was born in the wrong generation anyway)... it's just that i don't think i can take it everywhere i want to golf... we've got some pretty sketch bridges out in the ol' heathen canyon and very rough rough...

... i forgot steve's got the back pack, i'll have to try it on next time i see him... between being at baby level all day at work and hauling around a non-ergonomic golf bag i'm just one little mess of spasm and no me gusta!
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Focus?
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

The Mystery Ranch bag is pretty awesome... although extremely expensive.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/s.nl/it.A/id.16680/.f
        When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by wildrivers View Post
          [If possible can you send a couple photos of the stroller setup? Wondering why Innova or some company has not come out with a luggage style bag/cart combo?? It seems simple enough to take a over head luggage with wheels and adapt it for disc...
          It would cost too much to make a disc golf specific stroller/jogger especially when it is cheaper to just pick up used joggers anywhere and modify them based on what you want out of it.

As for backpacks for disc golf; The simian is the best... and they just revamped the design big time...

Comment

Try converting a diaper bag into a disc golf bag. Look around at work if folks have them. Some have straps, handles, and a long shoulder strap. That way you can change how you carry whenever you want. They also tend to have lots of pockets. I converted a messenger bag, it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
              It would cost too much to make a disc golf specific stroller/jogger especially when it is cheaper to just pick up used joggers anywhere and modify them based on what you want out of it.

As for backpacks for disc golf; The simian is the best... and they just revamped the design big time...
              I am not too sure if the Simian is right for a smaller frame. I feel if the normal quadshocks dont fit well then the simian will never ride correctly.

I agree though the simian may be the best backpack on the market but the silverback still is my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                help me out here, amigos y amigas...

... i super need a new bag as i am plagued by back issues...

... the quad shox do not fit my torso, which is super short, and therefore my bag hangs down to my butt and gives me spasms (also it gets my butt wet, which is cold enough as it is, and it looks funny to have wet patches on my booty)... i am in love with the grip eq bag, but it won't come out til september and i need something before then...

advice, please & thank you!!!

I know of at least one player that uses a set up like this. He finds them more adjustable, durable, and comfortable than quads and for about 1/2 the price. For the record he has a smaller frame.
                Just my measly idea...perhaps a trip to a hardware store and try some on?

-kris

Comment

Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
                  I know of at least one player that uses a set up like this. He finds them more adjustable, durable, and comfortable than quads and for about 1/2 the price. For the record he has a smaller frame.
                  Just my measly idea...perhaps a trip to a hardware store and try some on?

-kris
                  very cool. thank you, kris... appreciate the input, too on the simian... right now i'm lookin' at the revo bag melo rocks (thanks eric for the photo on that one, too)...

i really appreciate everyone's input and obvious care and concern for my spasms and wet butt...

Comment

I am not too sure if the Simian is right for a smaller frame. I feel if the normal quadshocks dont fit well then the simian will never ride correctly.

I agree though the simian may be the best backpack on the market but the silverback still is my baby.
                    I have quadshocks on my simian and they fit just fine with no known issues... where did you hear of quadshocks having issues fitting into the simian? will be posting a video on my simian soon...
                    I had the Kong, still have the silverback and spider monkey...

Comment

I have quadshocks on my simian and they fit just fine with no known issues... where did you hear of quadshocks having issues fitting into the simian? will be posting a video on my simian soon...
                      not that they don't fit the simian, but that if the quadshox dont fit me, then the simian probably won't fit me either... (remember... this thread is about me, not you )

hehehe.

Comment

I had issues with quads fitting into my Sim, but that was on the first run. They fit on fine, but you had to be careful about the way you put the bag on to keep them straight. Trying to carry the bag on one shoulder was next to impossible--the "yolk" part of the quads would slip through the connection point on the bag, so the bag would flip sideways and you'd have a Skittles party before you knew it. I know the connection point has been improved in subsequent versions though.

I did some research, and the newly revised design does indeed look like a lot of improvements have been made. I definitely like what he's done.

Em, the way the quads hook up to the Simian is completely different than how they hook up on a regular bag. I'd be willing to bet they'd fit you just fine, but it looks like he's improved his strap design so you likely wouldn't need quads anyway.
                        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I original issues were that normal quads were too big for Emma Rose and hence did not fit her well. I have a big frame and quads work great with the simian.
                          My comment was merely stating that a small frame may still encounter issues with comfort and ride using normal quads.

Sorry for the misunderstanding
                          -kris

Comment

I have tried the new Gen2 GB Simian on and the extra wide straps keep the bag high and tight. If you back pack much you will know that the closer to your body the better so your lower back doesn't have to compensate for the weight behind you.

I have owned a Revo Duel Pack for two years and it is closer to a book bag it's comfy enough when it's light but get it loaded up with water and all your tourney gear and it does sag down on your back and lets face it your not going to be using the waist strap to help support it.

The Simian on the other hand feels more like my 5500cu backpack, the wide straps hug close to your back and weight doesn't seem to affect how it rides. Throw the stool in the mix so you are sitting whenever possible (resting your back) and its hard to beat.

It's only $50 more for the Simian and when you consider the impact a bag can have on the HOURS of disc golf you plan to play this summer I find it hard to justify not spending the extra $$. This is when comparing Dual Pack to the GB Simian if your looking to go less than a hundred than thats a whole different story.

Bottom line if you can find someone with a Gen 2 Simian beg them to let you try it on. I think you and I are signed up for many of the same upcoming tourneys so If no one lets you try one on I will let try mine(If I get it by then)
                            sigpic

Comment

I original issues were that normal quads were too big for Emma Rose and hence did not fit her well. I have a big frame and quads work great with the simian.
                              My comment was merely stating that a small frame may still encounter issues with comfort and ride using normal quads.

Sorry for the misunderstanding
                              -kris
                              don't worry, kris... i understood you... and as i keep pointing out: all about me here, folks... all about me and my shortie torso...

Comment

Originally posted by Skookum View Post
                                Bottom line if you can find someone with a Gen 2 Simian beg them to let you try it on. I think you and I are signed up for many of the same upcoming tourneys so If no one lets you try one on I will let try mine(If I get it by then)
                                cool, thanks, morgan. i was able to try on a grip eq bag... and fell in love... but i can't wait until september... don't want to throw down the big $$ unless i'm sure it's gonna work out for me... but am more than happy to throw down for the perfect bag

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X