X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innova Ape questions

So I bought a CFR Ape the other day and like it so far. Very overstable but once broken in I think it will be a powerhouse! So I thought that the Apes were only available thru the CFR so far, but I looked online and I have seen what looks to be a protostar first run version, and a stock stamp version. Can anyone tell me if they are making standard versions of this disc yet?

http://innovadiscs.com/discs/distance-drivers/ape.html

Comment

Of course the day I ask my question the website announces it!

Comment

So what is the consensus out there. Do people like the Ape? I really like mine for super over stable shots. It also has amazing skip travel after ground contact. Over all I am very satisfied. I am excited to see what happens when it gets really beat up.

What does everyone else think?

Comment

I'm a huge fan of both the Boss and the Xcaliber, and I always wondered what would happen if Dave tried to make a hybrid from these.
          I have picked up the Ape now a few times in various stores, and it doesnt seem to sit up very nice in my hand.
          I can't seem to get a proper grip on it, despite the fact that I'm comfortable with nearly all the other wide rimmed discs out there.

So I havent picked one up yet.

There are two versions I probably will end up trying. Dave has said he will run some in Starlight, I might grab one of these, and also he said they have run some in Pro, down to 161 grams. That might be more in the range I can work with for such a fast and stable disc.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
            and also he said they have run some in Pro, down to 161 grams. That might be more in the range I can work with for such a fast and stable disc.
            Solid. I'm looking forward to this one.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X