Was echo star plastic, ever considered regular star plastic? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Was echo star plastic, ever considered regular star plastic?

    I just bought a lot of used discs, and one of them was a 175 Star Destroyer that has the same color as the Echo Star green, I mean it is exactly the same green, but it has a normal Star stamp.

    Was Echo Star plastic ever labeled as normal star plastic? Are there any Echo Star first run discs? and how does adding recycled plastic change the formula?

    I swear that my echo star destroyer goes farther than my champion destroyer of the same weight(max).

  • #2
    Originally posted by Mayumoogy View Post
    I just bought a lot of used discs, and one of them was a 175 Star Destroyer that has the same color as the Echo Star green, I mean it is exactly the same green, but it has a normal Star stamp.

    Was Echo Star plastic ever labeled as normal star plastic? Are there any Echo Star first run discs? and how does adding recycled plastic change the formula?

    I swear that my echo star destroyer goes farther than my champion destroyer of the same weight(max).

    Lotsa questions.

    First, all the original Echo discs had the regular Star disc stamps, it was only recently that they decided to use a new stamp for Echo discs.

    All of the first runs in Echo were mint green, other colors were added later.

    If yours is an Echo Destroyer it will be marked in ink ESDS or E*DS.
    If it is a regular run it will be marked SDS or *DS

    The first run Echo Star Destroyers all came out of the mold with alot of dome compared to the regular Star D's, and all were overstable compared to the regular runs.
    These were preferred by the pros because they were harder to flip. If you have one that is getting seasoned it should be a really good long range bomber.

    The plastic used was 100% pre consumer recycled pellets, not a blend of recycled and new.
    Discs made with the Echo plastic now run the range in terms of differences, some are more stable than regular Star, some less, some seem to be exactly the same.

    Comment


    • #3
      Great! Thanks for the info. I went and looked at my disc and it has ESDS on it! Looks like I have one of the original Echo Stars! I look forward to seeing how it throws compared to my other Echo Star Destroyer. No gouges or nicks along the edge but the underside of the edge is scuffed up pretty good with minor road rash. Sounds broken in to me

      I got this pack of 16 discs for 40 bucks, and thought that the Day glo Yellow CE Valkrie was cool, but this is just a cherry on top! gotta love Ebay!

      Comment


      • #4
        got to love buying other peoples lost plastic.

        Do these discs have random names on them or are they labeled with the name of the seller?
        Click here

        Challenge disc golf

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
          got to love buying other peoples lost plastic.

          Do these discs have random names on them or are they labeled with the name of the seller?
          You know the thought never crossed my mind that they could be stolen discs. Most of them had no names, the rest had Shane written on them with no phone number, dont know if it was the sellers name because he only had an ebay handle. I can only assume the seller is an honest person.

          Does this mean I cant look for deals on ebay? Should I contact the sellers and ask if they steal their discs? I dont even know what a buyer should do...Please give me some tips if you have them.

          Believe me I don't want to be a dick, I would hate to have my discs stolen and sold on ebay. Damn you making me think of stuff...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by captain jack View Post
            All of the first runs in Echo were mint green, other colors were added later.
            I am not sure how true this statement is...
            I had an Echo Teebird that was yellow, with the Star Teebird stamp. I tree'd it real good at Four Mound a couple months back... didn't take the time to get it down, otherwise I would take a pic.
            When I got it the Teebird was not yet released in echo plastic, so it may have just been a proto. Yet it was properly marked and came with the sticker...

            Any thoughts?
            When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jshrack View Post
              I am not sure how true this statement is...
              I had an Echo Teebird that was yellow, with the Star Teebird stamp. I tree'd it real good at Four Mound a couple months back... didn't take the time to get it down, otherwise I would take a pic.
              When I got it the Teebird was not yet released in echo plastic, so it may have just been a proto. Yet it was properly marked and came with the sticker...

              Any thoughts?
              The Echo mint green was first introduced in the Xcaliber, and the Destroyer. Then they began other colors. And if anyone found a 1st run mint green xcaliber lost at Hornings please contact me

              Comment


              • #8
                The true first runs have the first run large star stamp. Then came the production run (normal star plastic stamp) star stamped teebirds, destroyers, excals, wraiths, and leopards. Darts? And some other CFR discs The newest echo discs have the echo star stamp.
                Click here

                Challenge disc golf

                Comment

                Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X