X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing is quite like the breeze.

As far as rim configuration, diameter and feel - the closest things you are going to find would be XD, Classic Roc, Ringer up to coyote, mako and panther. Its tough though, its hard to find a small diameter, understable multipurpose discs with a rounded rim, AND in premium plastic.

I'd love to see a Pro D Breeze and maybe try putting with it.
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
      Nothing is quite like the breeze.
      Word, this was my first midrange disc ever! hmm back in '03ish?? Who knows, one of you might have it now as I lost it when I didn't even know to put my name on it. It was bad ass and since then its all been different buzzes, rocs, etc. The only disc(that i recently acquired) that seems to be similar is my squall(faster though). Its been years since ive thrown a breeze but the squall brought back some fond memories.

Comment

IMHO:

Still in production eh? That kills the champ aero...

Closest I've found to date:
        Gateway EVO plastic MAGIC (as far as edge feel and flight)

Three 2nd closest I've found:
        Discraft Z-Comet...particularly lighter weights (radically different edge, very similar flight)
        Discraft Z-Glide (slightly different edge feel, but similar flight)

Comment

discaroo

i almost pulled the trigger on that one tonight myself. thought of larson, and decided he should have it...

sorry jeff.
          I hadn't heard of discaroo.. thanks for the pointer, I'll check it out.
          Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post
            Closest I've found to date:
            Gateway EVO plastic MAGIC (as far as edge feel and flight)
            The Magic is actually a really good call. Its pretty close.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
              The Magic is actually a really good call. Its pretty close.

I held a Magic last night at Next Adventure... it felt nothing like a Breeze to me. Perhaps it flies similar (though I don't think I could throw it as far based on its taller profile) but in the had it feels taller and it feels like it has a smaller diameter.
              Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

really?

Originally posted by larsonjeff View Post
                I held a Magic last night at Next Adventure... it felt nothing like a Breeze to me. Perhaps it flies similar (though I don't think I could throw it as far based on its taller profile) but in the had it feels taller and it feels like it has a smaller diameter.
                "Taller profile." HU? Maybe when compared to a TYPICAL driver. As far as putters go, I think it has a rather flat, low profile. Perhaps the EVO version is a touch flatter. ut you have to admit that the Breeze has a putter-like profile to begin with...

Still, your breeze-master hands would definitely be the best judge--can you think of a disc that has a more similar feel in the hand than the Magic?

Comment

Zephyr of course. As long as it's from the west anyway
                  Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post
                    "Taller profile." HU? Maybe when compared to a TYPICAL driver. As far as putters go, I think it has a rather flat, low profile. Perhaps the EVO version is a touch flatter. ut you have to admit that the Breeze has a putter-like profile to begin with...

Still, your breeze-master hands would definitely be the best judge--can you think of a disc that has a more similar feel in the hand than the Magic?
                    Next time I see a Magic I will put it next to a Breeze to compare. It definitely felt deeper/taller from bottom of rim to flight plate. Also looked like it has a smaller diameter. But... I could be off here.

In the past I've thought that a Classic Roc feels like a Breeze, but I've only thrown it once, and I think it is more stable.
                    Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

Most similar...period!

Jeff, I held an EVO magic next to a Z breeze yesterday. You were definitely correct about the depth--the magic is deeper. Still, I think it has the most similar round-edged-feel compared to any other disc I've held (be sure to feel a worn one that doesn't still have its flashing). Plus, as far as I can tell, they are the exact same diameter...

Comment

I'd love to see a Pro D Breeze and maybe try putting with it.
                        I emailed Discraft a few years ago and asked if they would make a Pro D Breeze. I did a big write up about how bad ass it would be. They said no way jose.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                          I emailed Discraft a few years ago and asked if they would make a Pro D Breeze. I did a big write up about how bad ass it would be. They said no way jose.
                          I had a similar discussion with a Discraft Rep at Am Worlds in Flagstaff years ago. That's when I started building my collection and planning for the day when I will mold my very own version of the Breeze.
                          Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X