X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discin in Vibram Five Fingers?

I am surprised I havn't seen anyone else doing this. I have seen a few barefooters but no five finger wearers. No reviews for it online. I'm a recent VFF convert and am currently bogged in with some heavy duty hikers. Any comments? Know someone who wears em? Anything?
    FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

I've seen 'em on the course. Funny lookin'. I think I remember some posts too. Did you try a search?

Bingo!
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I have played in mine but only in the summer or when it is not as wet as it has been. Also if you pick them up at REI and you are a member you can bring them back if they are not what you were hoping for. I personally have the http://www.rei.com/product/798243 and really dig these. I do highly recommend getting a pair or two of the socks as well. Can't wait for better weather so I can wear these out on the course again.
      The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

Your search skills are better than mine. Found lots of putter info but not much on shoes... anyway. I just got some Komodo sports and will let everyone know if when I take them discin.

Comment

Yeah, I've seen a couple of people playing in them as well. Looks very fun! I'd advise against them for courses which require significant hiking or have large rocks because I've now seen two people break toes on them, including my dad and he had the stiffest rubber version (on backpacking trips though).
          'Weekend 4 Women':
          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I'm an insole dragger, I play alot on concrete tees, and I like my toes with the blood on the inside, so 5 Fingers are not really an option for me.

Comment

I wear rubber boots most of the year. I think that pretty soon, everyone will be wearing them.

Comment

There was a guy who played the Lava Launch barefoot. You'd think that would be quite a feat on the coarse rock, but the 'Indigenous Dude' hadn't covered his feet in 7 years or something. It was fun to chat with him on the chair lift... he was quite a character.
                Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

I just got their newest model, the komodo sport, and they are pretty hefty and keep the toes pretty protected. Again, havn't taken them on the course yet but will give it a go when the weather improves.

Comment

I can't wait to try out a pair of five fingers, been wanting them ever since I saw a pair for the first time last year. What I also can't wait for is weather that is suitable for wearing them over waterproof boots on the DG course...

Comment

Do they make them in size 16?!

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonH View Post
                        I can't wait to try out a pair of five fingers, been wanting them ever since I saw a pair for the first time last year. What I also can't wait for is weather that is suitable for wearing them over waterproof boots on the DG course...
                        If you get the KSO Treks, your foot will stay dry. Thats what I got and while I don't disc golf in them maybe more than once a year, I still wear them all the time. If you've seen the video of that guy jogging through Poland in deep snow, he wore the KSO Trek's. His foot seemed to be warm and dry!
                        Last edited by General Scales; March 28th, 2011, 06:10 AM. Reason: Early Morning Typo Alerts
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Mayumoogy View Post
                          Do they make them in size 16?!

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
                            I'm an insole dragger, I play alot on concrete tees, and I like my toes with the blood on the inside, so 5 Fingers are not really an option for me.
                            ... plus they look funny...

having all that stuff in between my toes would freak me out... i can hardly abide even a good pair of flops...
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

My toes hurt

gonna take a lot of getting used to. And I'm gonna have to feel real comfortable in them by summer to endanger my piggies to the concrete pad.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X