X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old school plastic..

I got my hands on a Z plastic Cyclone (thanks Whalekilla) and noticed that its shaped like my Crysta Z Buzz but with a bead. If I remember correctly when the Cyclone was released 1993? it was the best distance driver on the market? Then the X-clone right? Funny thing is that the cyclone reminds me of mid-range plastic and not a fairway/distance driver.. Anybody remember the scorpion? I'd like to check it out, see what it compaires to, probibly friggen huge by todays standards of plastic.
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Cyclone 2, too,

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
    I got my hands on a Z plastic Cyclone (thanks Whalekilla) and noticed that its shaped like my Crysta Z Buzz but with a bead. If I remember correctly when the Cyclone was released 1993? it was the best distance driver on the market? Then the X-clone right? Funny thing is that the cyclone reminds me of mid-range plastic and not a fairway/distance driver.. Anybody remember the scorpion? I'd like to check it out, see what it compaires to, probibly friggen huge by todays standards of plastic.
    There is also a Cyclone 2, a slightly more stable clone.
    The X-Clone is an awesome disc.
    They are very, very flat.
    Nobody from the "old school daze" (on purpose Scott ) will forget the Scorpion. This disc was and probably still is a great roller after they've been tuned in. I can't remember for sure, but I think the max weight for the Scorpion was 196 or so.
    Thank you for the trip down Memory Lane.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

I weighed that Z cyclone I have. 180g right on the button!! I knew that disc is a sled. I wish I had an Discraft Eclipse. Thats the best roller I ever had, unfortunately the White River DGC ate it
      Hukin since 1992
      DGOD #115

Comment

I have 2 scorpions. One is new. I took a long break from DG and when I came back everything was new to me. Still have some old plastic in the shed. Every now and then I look at it and laugh. So huge.

Comment

antiques?

Originally posted by TREX View Post
          I have 2 scorpions. One is new. I took a long break from DG and when I came back everything was new to me. Still have some old plastic in the shed. Every now and then I look at it and laugh. So huge.
          Do you happen to have any old dx rocs in that there shed?
          If so and you want to let go.... let me know.
          Yoseman
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          - Anonymous

Comment

What kind of Rocs are you looking for Yose? I'm coming down next weekend for the SOWS @ Whistler's.....
            Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by TREX View Post
              Ya super huge! A friend has a Pegasus(?) and its a hub cap!
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

I was definitely not a fan of the Z Cyclone. The ESP ones are the only way to go. That is unless you happen to have a stock of the old Tournament Pro Cyclones. Those are even more money than the ESP.
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Roc steady

Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
                  What kind of Rocs are you looking for Yose? I'm coming down next weekend for the SOWS @ Whistler's.....
                  Not looking for anything specific Drew, it's just that the thought of old discs in a shed makes me think of old Sannie's, Ontario's or older Rancho's.
                  Good to hear that you will be at the 's SOWS gig.
                  Lane Mason usually makes this one too.
                  More tweener's baby!
                  - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                    I was definitely not a fan of the Z Cyclone. The ESP ones are the only way to go. That is unless you happen to have a stock of the old Tournament Pro Cyclones. Those are even more money than the ESP.
                    I realy like the Z Cyclone for short side arm shots. Its just a more stable buzz!!
                    Hukin since 1992
                    DGOD #115

Comment

I realy like the Z Cyclone for short side arm shots. Its just a more stable buzz!!
                      My issue is that the thickness of the flight plate meeting the rim seems astronomically bigger than the ESP or X ones. The stability doesn't seem to match the rating either. Who knows, maybe it's just me
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

I weighed that Z cyclone I have. 180g right on the button!! I knew that disc is a sled. I wish I had an Discraft Eclipse. Thats the best roller I ever had, unfortunately the White River DGC ate it
                        ... hahaha!!! i always carry at least 2 eclipses in my bag... next adventure's got a good stock of 'em (pretty sure i'm the only one buyin' 'em)...

... if you don't want a brand new one, let me know when you're coming to a tourney here in oregon and i'll throw a couple extra in my car... i've got oldish eclipses out the wazoo..
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                          ... hahaha!!! i always carry at least 2 eclipses in my bag... next adventure's got a good stock of 'em (pretty sure i'm the only one buyin' 'em)...

... if you don't want a brand new one, let me know when you're coming to a tourney here in oregon and i'll throw a couple extra in my car... i've got oldish eclipses out the wazoo..
                          Im gona be playing the DGOD! event 4/24/2011 at Hornings. I use a roller shot regularly and an eclipse is perfect for-hand or back-hand!
                          Hukin since 1992
                          DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X