X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
    Collectors may value the rarity of a disc (CE Valkyries etc) more because they are Blue......" "Therefore primary colored discs also have a better feel and flight.....
    Do collectors care what they feel like or fly like? When I get a CE disc, I use it, I don't collect it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFHAwZ9F_lk

Comment

Ok I might have found something awesome...or not, I need your help, I went to play it again and found a Millenium disc with a Pro Worlds stamp from 2001. My question to you...

Is this made of Champion Edition plastic? It is from 2001, looks to be thrown quite a bit and shows very little wear, and I know that some discs from Millenium were molded in CE plastic. It is a Yellow and has J with 170 written on the back. The back also has the exact writing that is on my other CE discs " INNOVA CHAMPION DISCS INC. RANCHO CUCAMONGA CAL. USA 91730 (patent number)" I have added pictures to help.

front
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayumoogy/5735496416/

back
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayumoogy/5735496548/

Comment

Ok, so I think I figured out what that other disc was, and alas it was not CE plastic. However I just picked up a First Run Spider. I have heard that these were molded in CE plastic. Is this true?

The reason I ask is it doesn't feel like my other CE discs, and the plastic is a pearly see thru color not opaque like the other CE plastic I am familiar with.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayumoogy View Post
          True I suppose you would just have to risk it and hope you get one of those runs that people just cant get enough of.

11x Firebirds come to mind, first run destroyers and bosses. To tell the truth I dont even know when those discs came out but, they are some of the newer discs anyway.

Still I am at least going to get 2 or 3 of whatever I really like to throw, because I dont want to find myself in another situation with my CE leopard. Love to throw it but, dont want to lose it. And would it kill Innova to have a little consistancy between plastics and model years!

I am stocking up on Echo Destroyers and David Feldberg 2008 bosses while I can.

I am actually just starting to branch out from max weight and champion plastic. I really love the star plastic, especially the Echo star, and I can definitely throw the lower weight destroyers, and bosses farther than max weight. I helps to have friends with those 30 disc bags, I get to test a lot of discs before I buy them.

Also not to switch gears here but...

What do people here think of Latitude 64, what disc from their line compares to the destroyer or boss?
          Just curious, what's so special about the 2008 DF Boss?

I was going through a box of discs I had, looking for one to try out a dye job, came across one (Boss DF 2008) and put a Demon Hunter logo on it (had a lot of compliments on my personal one I use (roadrunner)... thought I'd give Ebay a try with it....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200612880386

Comment

Honestly there is nothing special about the Dave Feldberg bosses. I have heard that they are flatter than other boss runs, but that could just be someones opinion. I just like the way they throw. And when they are gone they are gone. Innova's plastic changes so much that people like a certain run of it and then claim that no other run of the same disc is as good. It is all preference.

I dont think it would fetch more money on ebay...yet. Wait 10 years after they have the Dave Feldberg 2x or 3x Champion Boss and then pop up an original Dave Feldberg Boss and then it will probably get some money.

Time+discs=money, for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayumoogy View Post
              Honestly there is nothing special about the Dave Feldberg bosses. I have heard that they are flatter than other boss runs, but that could just be someones opinion. I just like the way they throw. And when they are gone they are gone. Innova's plastic changes so much that people like a certain run of it and then claim that no other run of the same disc is as good. It is all preference.

I dont think it would fetch more money on ebay...yet. Wait 10 years after they have the Dave Feldberg 2x or 3x Champion Boss and then pop up an original Dave Feldberg Boss and then it will probably get some money.

Time+discs=money, for the most part.
              I wasn't concerned too much about money, just wasn't sure if I was missing something

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X