X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rakoz View Post
    Red is definitely first run. Baby blues are second I think.
    just to clarify Red's were the 1st production run of "CE" discs, but their were other "CE" discs done 1st, the Gazelle and the Valk both came with big star stamps and were in a shade of blue, also dayglo yellows were the 2nd run.

others may correct me if im wrong

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post

others may correct me if im wrong

such as PureDiscGolf or SpiderDan or SweetPlastic

Comment

I was also looking at 11x KC firebirds and noticed a huge difference in prices for the blueberry ones, is that a first run or something?

Thanks for answering all these questions BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayumoogy View Post
          I was also looking at 11x KC firebirds and noticed a huge difference in prices for the blueberry ones, is that a first run or something?

Thanks for answering all these questions BTW.

umm no idea why a blueberry 11x would command a higher price than a normal 11x as Kenny was the 10x Champion when CE was 1st introduced.

who knows maybe those are "night shift" 11x firebirds.......

Comment

Blueberry 11x Firebirds

The Blueberry discs are sought after because they are the best to throw and collect. Collectors may value the rarity of a disc (CE Valkyries etc) more because they are Blue. Most of the early runs of new molds are run in Blue and Red. They are the easiest colors to gauge when fine tuning a new model. Most the deep "Primary" colors (Reds/Blues mainly) have the highest density plastic. The plastic sets better than other colors which must be blended to make. Therefore primary colored discs also have a better feel and flight.....This is mostly from my throwing experience and what I've gathered talking to staff at the Innova Factory looking for stock.
            Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

So far all the first run Champion plastic I've seen has been Red and Star has been baby blue. both with the proto-star stamp.
              FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Indestructable my foot!

So I get to hole 16 at Dexter and bring out my CE Eagle. Toss it and SMASH! right into the tree on the right. The disc exploded into 7 pieces. I know I throw hard but damn!

The disc looked just fine before the toss, no cracks, or brittle plastic. You can see the disc here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayumoogy/5637189754/

I thought these things were supposed to be bulletproof! Could it be age made the plastic weaker or was it just a freak accident?

Comment

So I get to hole 16 at Dexter and bring out my CE Eagle. Toss it and SMASH! right into the tree on the right. The disc exploded into 7 pieces. I know I throw hard but damn!

The disc looked just fine before the toss, no cracks, or brittle plastic. You can see the disc here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayumoogy/5637189754/

I thought these things were supposed to be bulletproof! Could it be age made the plastic weaker or was it just a freak accident?
                  i have seen dx discs xplode like that but never a CE???

Comment

I dont know man that was a freak thing. How cold was it?

Comment

7 easy pieces

What a sad and disturbing picture
                      So sorry for your loss!

Comment

My condolences as well...

I've heard something about discs that have been under water for a long time being more susceptible to breaking/cracking. Not sure if there's any truth to it... Any chance this disc was submerged for a long time?
                        Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

It was one of the warmer days we have had so I don't think the temperature was a factor. I can also say that except for a little Oregon rain it did not spend a significant amount of time in water.

My only guess is that the plastic lost strength over the years, maybe some stress fractures developed that I didnt see. The disc seemed completely fine though, still had flex and didnt have any chunks out of the edge...

until now

I took my other CE's out of my bag after the incident, I don't think I could survive another death in the family.

Comment

From the picture, it looks to me like the standard..."got left in the car to long and suffered from heat cycling, ie hot....cold....humid.....dry....hot....cold....etc ."
                            This has led to the death of MANY CE discs.....have to say I have not witnessed one quite as catastrophic as yours.

Comment

That could be, until very recently I would leave my discs in the trunk of my car all the time. Now I bring them inside because of theft concerns but now temperature is also a concern it seems.

I never thought of the hot cold swings affecting discs, but it makes complete sense.

Oh well you live you learn. It died so my other CE's could live, I gave it a spot on the wall next to the others. Its too good for the trash!

Comment

I think you should tape it together and hang it on the wall with your other discs. It will look like hell, but it makes a great story.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X