Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Feldberg wants to "Fix" the basket's...

I would have to agree with him. Thanks Dave for sharing your input. I know the powers that be are listening....
    Last edited by Tek Zeus; March 11th, 2011, 09:19 AM.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.sigpicJohn Wooden

I would have to disagree.
    The Basket is the target, not the chains.

Using his basketball analogy.

You see a lot of basketball shots hit the square on the backboard and miss... the square isn't the target, just a reference point and assistance into your target.
    I would also argue that the chains aren't the target, just a reference point and assistance into your real target, the basket below.

I have, on the other hand, seen a disc bounce out of the bottom of the basket... same issue they had with peach/apple baskets when basketball started.
    Something to consider.
    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
      I have, on the other hand, seen a disc bounce out of the bottom of the basket... same issue they had with peach/apple baskets when basketball started.
      Something to consider.
      So are advocating for a bottomless basket with some netting or something? Unlike basketball, when the disc goes in the basket there might not be a bunch of people standing underneath it to watch it go through. So you'd need some way to distinguish a shot that went through the basket from one the skipped up to the pole beneath the basket.

Still, interesting concept on what is and isn't the "real" target in disc golf.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

What if the bottom of the basket was made of netting, would that reduce bounce outs?
        Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
          What if the bottom of the basket was made of netting, would that reduce bounce outs?
          Would also drastically reduce the longevity of baskets, and make them easy to seriously vandalize. Seems like a good idea for tourneys, though.

Comment

The baskets are fair, as long as they are the same for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              The baskets are fair, as long as they are the same for everybody.
              I like the way you think.

Comment

If you hit the perfect line on a long putt in ball golf, but it comes in just a bit too fast, it's harder to sink and likely to jump off the rim. The longer disc putts are, the harder they are to keep in the basket. I've seen ace runs that could not have been more well placed, but they puked out. Generally speaking, the farther out you are, the more things can go wrong.

Baskets will probably improve some more, but longer shots will probably still have a harder time sticking than shorter ones.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Perhaps we should go to a point system. 1 point if you hit some metal on a putt, 2 if you hits chains, and 3 points if it goes in the basket. The number of strokes that it took you to get to your putt subtracts from your score on the hole. Really, I'm just goofing around. Dave missed his putt and he was not happy with the result. It's golf, the most frustrating sport I can think of.
                  Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Yes a Disc Golf putt is just like a Basketball shot going into a hoop.

If people are really confused about spit out putts and whether they count or not that really has nothing to do with the baskets. You can putt on a Golf (ball) green and hit the hole and "cup out" the same way. If you throw the disc with enough velocity and hit the chains high you should get a spit out, sorry Dave.

Listening to Dave's interviews is about as taxing as watching Nikko's hissy fits ... and hair.

Disc golf has bigger issues to deal with...
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Nothing is ever Dave's fault. The only reason he ever loses is because of unfairness in the sport.
                      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

maybe a designated spot where the basket would be, and as you get close a member of the group stands on that spot and you putt to that person, if they catch it it's good...
                        educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                          maybe a designated spot where the basket would be, and as you get close a member of the group stands on that spot and you putt to that person, if they catch it it's good...
                          Oh dang. Sorry JMan, I done dropped your putt. Better luck next time!
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Why would he want to fix the baskets? Is he worried about disc golf basket over population? Seems to me he's taking a page out of good old Bob Barkers book.
                            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                              Dibs on Stork!
                              Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X