Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang bamboo rods from the chain supports or yellow band to just inside the rim? A one-way valve for discs- and not quite as hideous!~
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

J-Man, I agree with you. I got no sympathy for missed putts. Everyone has the same chance with the same basket. Find me a basket that everyone fails a putt on or maybe even fifty percent and there begins a case to change one basket but not all.
      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

A whole thread dedicated to one person's lack of accepting that anything is his fault?!
        Great player, but I've heard so many instances where he blames anything but his own play it's just silly. Either that or I'm really a great player and the last decade of play have been the baskets fault.

Comment

I'm going with that Wes, it's been those damn baskets since 1975; let's go back to tone poles...you can't un-ring a tone pole...
          educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
            it's just silly.
            Hey don't blame me!
            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
              I'm going with that Wes, it's been those damn baskets since 1975; let's go back to tone poles...you can't un-ring a tone pole...
              Yeah but tone poles expose people's lack of accuracy and we can't have that. It'd be madness if everyone took responsibility for their failures. That'd be a world too rational for any decent folk to live in.

It's best we leave the baskets the way they are. People are frightened by change. I had to eat a xanax and watch fox news after thinking about it.

Mmm complacency.
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

We will fix his chains. Lets supper glue them when he is first to start a round in a major, that will fix it. I can not believe a Pro at that level complains about equiptment.

Comment

I don't think we're going to sell the DDGAs on tone poles.
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

If a tone pole is hit in the woods and nobody is there to hear it... Does it make a sound?

Anyway, back to my original point... what is the target?
                    If it is the chains, then hitting the chains should be a make... like a super wide tone pole.
                    If the basket is the target, maybe we should quit blaming the chains for not guiding the disc.

Personally, I like our current target.
                    I have had putts bounce off the chains, especially my 150g putters.
                    I have had putts go right through the chains.
                    I have had great putts miss and I have had horrible putts fall in.
                    I have had a lot more great putts go in though... and the majority of my crappy putts don't.

We are all shooting on the same contraption... I guess we all take a different perspective on what the target is.
                    Last edited by jshrack; March 12th, 2011, 03:55 AM.
                    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

The only reason why this story even gets any traction is because Dave said it. It's funny how many people want to trash someone just because of the perception of who they think that person is.

IE Kahn Singh syndrome: Hate for Hate sake
                      rewindb.com

Comment

Comment

Ah Jub, it's not about hate, or DF, it's about the thought process that insists baskets need to be improved because they don't accept a putt. Hey if they improve on the basket design it will change, as it has since the beginning. It's about not blaming the basket for a lapse of player ability, even on a shot by shot basis. Hey if the basket is to change for the betterment of the game...great. But, does it need to change just because DF, or any of the other hundreds of thousands of disc golfers miss a putt...hardly.
                          educate your thinking

Comment

The only hate I've seen is Dave's hating to lose.
                            When someone disagrees with another person it's a pretty big jump to call it hate.
                            But then some folks only see things in black and white.

Comment

The fundamental flaw with the current basket design is that it is not radially symmetrical in the way the hole is in ball golf. Apologists for the current target design can't justify it and no modified chain pattern can likely resolve it.
                              Last edited by Chuck Kennedy; March 12th, 2011, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Dave is right, what a great point

Hey if the basket is to change for the betterment of the game...great. But, does it need to change just because DF, or any of the other hundreds of thousands of disc golfers miss a putt...hardly.
                                I agree with Dave 100%. The basket or "target" does somehow need changed for the BETTERMENT of the game. And furthermore, it DOES need to change because DF and many other disc golfers miss putts, period. It is by no means the basket's fault when a putt is missed, because of course there has to be a perfect way for the disc to fall into the basket and stay; however, it seems like a very intelligent idea for those of us that love this sport, to see it improve in any way possible.

I'm sure that it is a little discouraging for a spectator that may be interested in trying disc golf to watch a pro miss a putt that looks like it was in but then falls out.

A target that "retains" the disc once struck is the ultimate goal here . . on our way to lifting up our sport to be the best and most inviting it can be. I've only heard of a golf ball bouncing out of the hole once, and I've never heard of a basketball bouncing out of its hoop after going completely through; we should strive for a target device that provides the same security.

Not trying to argue with anyone, just stating my opinion and ideals.

-Derek

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X