Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as everyone shoots at the same basket it seems fair to me.

Cindy
    Last edited by LegoRules; March 11th, 2011, 08:09 AM.
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
      ...it seems far to me.
      I have the same problem.

==============================

I don't have to dress like this, do i?
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        Oh dang. Sorry JMan, I done dropped your putt. Better luck next time!
        I know Jeff, it's alright; let's change it to just hitting the person, bring a little Guts Frisbee to DG.

Ol Bob, one of the best books ever published on the art of throwing plastic, and yes you must dress like that, but only for Super Class tourneys...
        educate your thinking

Comment

I like the Neanderthal man look to the book, I will check that one out where do I find it.

Comment

That Neanderthal invented the Frisbee, but before he knew what he'd done, he lost it in the tree ferns.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick willie View Post
              I like the Neanderthal man look to the book, I will check that one out where do I find it.
              bought mine in '77, doubt they are any left out there, but you might try Amazon, eBay, Powells...
              educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                ... and yes you must dress like that, but only for Super Class tourneys...
                I wholeheartedly agree.

I also somewhat agree with Dave--the basket design needs improvement. In any given round of 4 people, I'll witness at least one putt that should have stayed in the basket but didn't, guaranteed.
                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I have that book, and have had it since the first day I touched a disc, 12 years ago. Well worth the read.

Comment

Should have stayed? Should have stayed? Really? I SHOULD shoot better, can DF help me with that too? Maybe we should dig a hole in the ground and it has to slide in, oh, nevermind it may slide over...come on, everybody thinks the baskets should be different when they miss. Somehow it couldn't have anything to do with disc angle, speed, rotation, placement of hit... Do we need to find an external locus of control for every struggle we face in our lives...no wonder this country is on it's way to joining the third world, no one wants to do the work, or take responsibility for, well apparently even thier pursuit of a HOBBY...

Sorry, didn't mean to go off, but come on...my putting sucks lately, I'm not blaming the baskets, now I'm blaming Dave Feldberg...

not really Dave...
                    Last edited by JMan; March 11th, 2011, 11:59 AM. Reason: plurality
                    educate your thinking

Comment

not really Dave...
                      You're that afraid of him?

Comment

^^^^ Heck no, now if it were Avery....
                        educate your thinking

Comment

Should have stayed? Should have stayed? Really? I SHOULD shoot better, can DF help me with that too? Maybe we should dig a hole in the ground and it has to slide in, oh, nevermind it may slide over...come on, everybody thinks the baskets should be different when they miss. Somehow it couldn't have anything to do with disc angle, speed, rotation, placement of hit... Do we need to find an external locus of control for every struggle we face in our lives...no wonder this country is on it's way to joining the third world, no one wants to do the work, or take responsibility for, well apparently even thier pursuit of a HOBBY...

Sorry, didn't mean to go off, but come on...my putting sucks lately, I'm not blaming the baskets, now I'm blaming Dave Feldberg...

not really Dave...
                          I'm not speaking on my own behalf, though I've had plenty of putts bounce out that were dead on and at the right power. I've seen it happen across the board for all skill levels. Bouncing off the pole, being pushed back by the weight of the chains, bouncing off the rings at the bottom of the chains, bouncing off the bottom of the basket--I've seen it all happen. These are design flaws. That's why the designs of baskets have changed since Steady Ed's first prototype. They're better, but still far from perfect.

Comment

Well when you find perfection let me know. If it bounces off the pole, it was thrown too hard, chain weight pushing it away...the throw was not hard enough, bouncing off the bottom, it has to much down angle on the leading edge, how is this the basket's fault?
                            educate your thinking

Comment

I'll be the first to admit when I have a bad putt, even when a bad putt manages to stay in. But I've seen plenty of "textbook" putts come out of the basket one way or another. And for what it's worth, Dave's putt in the video wasn't textbook.

This obviously wouldn't work in a park setting, but as far as a prototype goes, I think Cubby's got a good idea here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Splgd...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post

This obviously wouldn't work in a park setting, but as far as a prototype goes, I think Cubby's got a good idea here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Splgd...eature=related

hmmm that is a cool entrapment device
                                "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X