Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DGA Mach V reviews

http://www.discgolfassoc.com/equipme...lf-basket.html

Looking into getting one of these baskets and have not found much in the way of reviews for it. These are not the same baskets that are at pier and dabney are they? I have a mach lite but I am having a disconnect practicing on that at home and then playing a course with real baskets, plus my mach lite is starting to become quite seasoned on the fabric around the top of the cage. Really I just want to get a new basket and I got a tax return coming soon.
    The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

We got Mach 5's with number plates at Keizer DGC and they are great. They have 3 rows of chains. Never a spit out. One of the best I've played on so far. Much better than the Mach 2's.

Spend the money and get the better basket. They are Championship rated by the PDGA so they are good for all levels of tournaments.

Comment

Yeah they look very nice, I have yet to throw at one. I may have to come play Keizer DGC just to see how they are, that and I have not played there yet maybe a mini road trip kinda deal, thx for the review.

-M. Burns

Comment

Anyone have the portable version out there? If so can they be found locally?

-M. Burns

Comment

Originally posted by grant View Post
          I have a portable Mach V.
          By far my favorite of all the portable baskets, that are "Championship" quality.

I got mine directly from DGA. Dont know of any local dealers that carry them.

Comment

Awesome thanks, I think that I deserve this basket due to the fact that my old lady is getting herself a new Gorilla Boy Bag in the mail here soon and I am feeling left out, oh yeah and Go Gigantes 3 weeks til spring training.

-M. Burns

Comment

Originally posted by grant View Post
              Is that a Mach 5 at Next Adventure? Might be worth checking out.

Bob

Comment

nope they had the Mach 2's in stock cool baskets but I am holding out for the mach 5, will try the Depot soon. We'll see. I would really like to make one of the hornings holes and mount that sucker on a platform a role that sucka out in front of the house for all the neighborhood kids to shoot around on, they already dig the mach lite and sure they would flip for the big yellow monsters that are the Horning's gong targets. So Bob do you have any extras baskets layin' around or plans that I could take a look at and maybe try my hand at making one.

-M. Burns

Comment

Chainstars are good baskets as well. The only difference from a Mach V is the single chain ring in the basket. You'll probably pay the same for each ($350+/-).
                  A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Don't think twice, get the portable Mach 5. I have one and they rock.
                    Best basket out there IMHO.

Comment

Hmm, In the market myself. Chainstar and Mach V seem to look and feel so close (Other than single or double lower rings). Pricing seems very close too. Does anyone have a silver bullet, or solid reason (why or why not) to buy one or the other?
                      PDGA# 49616
                      Stumptown# 353
                      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

I've played on both baskets quite a few times. Either one is a solid choice. Go with what the budget allows.
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
                          Hmm, In the market myself. Chainstar and Mach V seem to look and feel so close (Other than single or double lower rings). Pricing seems very close too. Does anyone have a silver bullet, or solid reason (why or why not) to buy one or the other?
                          Your not going to find a solid reason (based on performance) one way or the other. They will catch the same. If your concerned about asthetics, the Mach V comes in different powdercoated colors.
                          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X