X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro and Pro Line Innova plastics

What if any are the differences between the two? Besides price. Was the pro line mixed with the old CE plastic? I have been seeing a few discs on ebay in proline and wondering if they are more or less durable than pro, thanks in advance.
    The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

I think proline is the same as CE and is no longer made. The Pro plastic available today is the less durable version.

Comment

if you buy proline you wont be disappointed

Comment

When innova came out with pro line plastic they were not sure what to call it.....champion or pro line. They went with pro line for the first couple years coming out with the monster, beast, cobra, gremlin, spider, etc. In some respects it is the first run champion line plastic that they did later change to calling it champion. It was pretty much right after they discontinued the ce plastic right along with coming out with the cfr starfire.

Not exactly sure what came out first and in what order, but the main mistake was with the firebird. They did not stamp it with the name 'pro line' they instead stamp it with just 'pro'. Later they came out with pro plastic that was much more grippy, but not as durable and they stamped those with 'pro' as well. Pretty much it confused alot of people due to the fact that the firebird in champion plastic and pro plastic was stamped the same. So they discontinued the pro line name and just went with champion.

Pro line plastic is more durable, but seems to be less stable than today's champion plastic and the pro plastic is more grippy, but will wear or work in faster. I guess i should of just said that in a nutshell instead of boring you all in the history (which may not be all that correct).
        WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
          ... I guess i should of just said that in a nutshell instead of boring you all in the history (which may not be all that correct).
          Not boring at all. I quite enjoyed the history lesson!
          Now I'm off to my stack of Firebirds to see what I have...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
            Not boring at all. I quite enjoyed the history lesson!
            Now I'm off to my stack of Firebirds to see what I have...
            Indeed not boring at all, very impressive knowledge of the plastic, one more question though, I think 50 clams is a little steep or is this fairly accurate for a "never thrown" disc? And one more cuz I just don't know is a proline beast the beast that is known today or is it the more stable version? Thats 20 questions for now. I am sure I will come up with something else later.

-M. Burns

Comment

I think the TLs that I throw are all marked Pro Line (I've had them for about 6 years or so I think), and they are very grippy, more-so than what is sold today as Pro (IMHO) and not as durable as the Champion plastic... so, I'm not sure I would agree with all that has been said above... best to just visit a store that has lots in stock, and feel them all.

The old Pro Line that I like to throw is hard to find. I do sometimes find it at Gotta Go Gotta Throw (warehouse in Minnesota).. usually it is X-out stuff. I know they regularly have 150g Pro Line TLs in stock... good stuff.

I'm in MN right now, and hope to hit up the warehouse this week
              Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

Originally posted by grant View Post
                indeed not boring at all, very impressive knowledge of the plastic, one more question though, i think 50 clams is a little steep or is this fairly accurate for a "never thrown" disc? And one more cuz i just don't know is a proline beast the beast that is known today or is it the more stable version? Thats 20 questions for now. I am sure i will come up with something else later.
                i dont throw the beast as much as i did a few years ago. I loved the pro line beast cause of the pearl like color to the plastic. Most pro line plastic has that really cool pearl look to it like the early run of the champion orcs. My opinion is the pro line beast, monster, and early cfr starfires are less stable than todays champion material and i can tell that most of the champion plastic today is more transparent and rim is just a little tad more concaved. Basically if you want a little less stable beast, monster, starfire, etc. Then i would suggest the pro line plastic which would more than likely cost you a little more.

Not sure if any of those are worth spending $50 for, but some are close. I have several pro line beast that i would sell for $30 easily........the monsters and firebirds can hit $35-45. Its a little tricky........just watch a few on ebay and more than likely you will get one cheap.
                WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by larsonjeff View Post
                  I think the TLs that I throw are all marked Pro Line (I've had them for about 6 years or so I think), and they are very grippy, more-so than what is sold today as Pro (IMHO) and not as durable as the Champion plastic... so, I'm not sure I would agree with all that has been said above... best to just visit a store that has lots in stock, and feel them all.

The old Pro Line that I like to throw is hard to find. I do sometimes find it at Gotta Go Gotta Throw (warehouse in Minnesota).. usually it is X-out stuff. I know they regularly have 150g Pro Line TLs in stock... good stuff.

I'm in MN right now, and hope to hit up the warehouse this week

The TLs, if I am correct, were the 2nd mold run in the new pro plastic. The "1st run" aviars came out then the TLs. The less durable pro line you have are not the same champish pro. I think.
                  Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by grant View Post
                    And one more cuz I just don't know is a proline beast the beast that is known today or is it the more stable version?
                    The Pro Line Beasts (cir. 2002) were the old X mold, which was stable to overstable.
                    The Beast mold was changed after the introduction of the Orc (2004).

The newer versions (L mold) are all less stable than the older Pro Line, in Champion, Star or DX plastic.
                    The current Pro plastic Beasts are still the older more stable X mold.

C.E. plastic was introduced in 2000-2001 and became Pro Line plastic in 2002, which then became Champion plastic in 2003-2004.

Comment

Thx Jack and Dan for the info, exactly the info I was looking for, gracias.

-M. Burns

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
                        I have several pro line beast that i would sell for $30 easily.
                        Dan, do you have any pics?

-M. Burns

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X