X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow Golf and fun with LED's

I have now become addicted to night golfing madness! Hornings here I come!!
    This is my glowey skull z-buzz...As you can see I used Ol' Bobs idea of using red LED's so I dont kill my night vision!
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
    I have now become addicted to night golfing madness! Hornings here I come!!
    This is my glowey skull z-buzz...As you can see I used Ol' Bobs idea of using red LED's so I dont kill my night vision!
    That is a kickass disc to glow golf with, too! What's your story getting into the glow golf? My intro was at Horning's last summer, and I love it! Despite the really casual nature of it, I really think it improves my game a lot, as well.

Does anyone else find that? Not even in just the extra hours of practice, but limiting yourself to certain discs and controlling them better, and getting a better feel of depth perception, as it is skewed at night. Over time you get a really good feel, almost like practicing putting with your eyes closed sometimes ...

Comment

Some local White River players draged me out 1 night for glow golf. I was thinking you guys are nutz, and dont you loose your plastic? Also I stayed at Hornings for vacation last year. That was awesome!!
      Hukin since 1992
      DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
        ... using red LED's so I dont kill my night vision!
        ...or anyone else's.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
          ...or anyone else's.
          True dat^. My buddy bought some of that red automotive taillight repair tape to cut down on the 'white light' glare. He said it works for head lamps but it hasn't been disc golf tested yet.

Comment

It really doesn't pay to do the red light thing if one person in the group blinds the rest.

Comment

Wow, OK Bob, I hear you loud and clear. I will never bring my "daylight bright" white LEDs to the Mud again, OK? Geez, damn navy submarine rats and their night vision, anyway.....
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Sorry about that pinging. I prefer passive sonar, except for a final range before a shot.

Probably not an issue anyway. I'm getting so damned old that summer glow rounds are way past my bedtime.

Comment

my red led's are still a bit brite so I used some tan box tape to "tint" the disc first. then I taped the led's on with 1 layer tan tape. after that I just used clear tape and it worked perfect! I have some super brite blue led's and the tan box tape was great for cutting the brightness down.
                  Last edited by Mikk; January 24th, 2011, 11:49 AM.
                  Hukin since 1992
                  DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X