X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogs footwear

Has anyone tried this brand of kicks yet out on the course? http://www.bogsfootwear.com/_product.../TIMBERLINE_MT. I am very intrigued especially after trying to muck around Greenway this morning. Plus they are local.
    The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

I'm using mine for a second season, and they are worth every penny. Warm and dry baby...all day long.
    educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by grant View Post
      Has anyone tried this brand of kicks yet out on the course? http://www.bogsfootwear.com/_product.../TIMBERLINE_MT. I am very intrigued especially after trying to muck around Greenway this morning. Plus they are local.
      Lol, I don't know if any footwear will make Greenway playable at sometimes this season. Went there a couple days ago and hole 4 had ducks floating around on it... outside of any fairway was submerged, and it was super windy, so I just practiced putting for 25 minutes and took off. I bought a pair of gaiters at NA for $30 recently to keep the mud off my pants, as I usually work after DG, and don't want to change pants all the time. They work well with my waterproof Dockers that were only ~$50.

Anyway, those look like pretty nice shoes, though I have recently been considering wearing ball golf shoes for the traction on the spikes... tired of slippery tee pads

Comment

Don't put those golf spikes (softer ones I'm guessing) on a concrete pad, well you might have played hockey at a younger age so you should be alright.
        educate your thinking

Comment

J, which model I guess are you using? Any leaking yet? My wife just got some and she is saying these are the warmest shoes she has ever worn, they are rated tp -40 below. Also how do they run size wise? thx

-M. Burns

Comment

I have last years model of those you show. NO leaking what so ever, warm as all get out. They run a bit large; I wear 9.5 bought a 10, could have been the 9. I just throw on another pair os socks. for the great rainy NW I do believe they are the best. Comfortable all day, and after a season in them they barely show wear and tear. Tell you what, if you buy a 9, and don't like them let me know.
            'J'
            educate your thinking

Comment

NO leaks, warm and comfortable all day. They run a bit large, I wear a 9.5 so bought the next size up as recommended, could have bought a 9, so I just wear an extra pair of socks. I don't think you can go wrong here. Tell you what, if you buy a 9 and don't like them, let me know.
              'J'
              educate your thinking

Comment

first it didn't post, then it did...ah technology
                educate your thinking

Comment

How's the toe box? I need keen sized toe box or my feet get very unhappy but keen has made me unhappy lately with quality for outdoors wear so... anyway are they wide up front?
                  FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Every bit as roomy as Keen, and I like Keen shoes. But I must admit, mine are sandals or casual styles. Their sport styles seem every bit as boxy and booty as the old Bites, too clumsy for me. I put on my Bogs when it is really wet, other than that it's Adidas for me; if my feet are war, slightly damp doesn't bother me. But Bogs when it's real soggy for sure.
                    educate your thinking

Comment

Bogs rock for sure,after your recomendation J, I went down and snagged up a pair of the mid calf neoprene boots. Lemme tell you what. These friggin kickers are very very solid. In fact me and the wife (who also got a pair) are trying to find the sloppiest courses to play just to see how well they hold up. You know they work well when you purposely tromp through the muckiest crap you can find just cuz you can. Anyway, I can go on and on about these boots. Also they have a lifetime waranty which is also a huge +. If you have a Coastal store near by you can go check them out.

-M. Burns

Comment

Also anyone know the condition of Hagg, I am hoping its sloppy as hell cuz we are hucking there tomorrow.

-M. Burns

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X