• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homing beacon for disc golf

http://www.golfdiscalarm.com/id65.html

I thought that this was too funny not to share

Get me 20!!

Comment

actually for a blind disc golfer it would be essential...as would a sighted partner, but with a sound at the disc to locate, and one at the basket it would be just a matter of strokes before it went in. Yes I've scored a 9+ before, why do you ask.
      educate your thinking

Comment

I already tried this, but I used 10 amp swtch, a car battery, and a fire alarm bell. I didn't have the delay circuit, so I just switched it on and hukked it. It landed right in front of the tee and and made everyone else mad, but I didn't lose any discs.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

If someone could make a flatter inexpensive alarm chip, with a remote control that clips onto your bag, that would be wonderful. Me, I'd also want a button on the remote to activate an extendable whirling blade, so my disc could chop its own way out of the blackberries. Ooh! another button that whips out a towel to dry itself. Yeah. That's living.

Comment

Not only does the disc alarm locate your discs but it also makes your boss fly like a roadrunner

Pretty funny/cool idea though!
            'Weekend 4 Women':
            Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
            Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

The disclamer - "Avoid hard impacts. Do not use golf disc alarm where hard strikes with trees or fixed objects are likely. Damage to the unit or separation from the disc can result."
              Makes this invention a no go for me....

Comment

When I first started playing I lost a LOT of discs. My idea for a similar contraption to this was to cut the operating mechanism out of a singing Christmas card and tape it to the bottom of my disc. That seems like a lighter, simpler, and cheaper solution to me. Since I am a world class procrastinator I didn't get around to actually trying it and these days I don't lose discs that often so I don't know how well it would actually work. If you try this I would suggest finding a card that plays a suitable Christmas tune. Maybe "Joy to the World (my disc is found)."

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X