X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 WA. State series mystery disc

just scored a brand new 05 series disc and i'm not sure what it is. it's labled as a 171 valk (171 vl) but the rim is too wide to be a valk. compared it to some orcs and starfires and they don"t quite match. where old mold beast availible as cfr plastic? it's super pearly champ and i know that era was when beasts and orcs where prime. anybody out there got anything similar? i"ll attempted to post some pics

Viking?
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
      Viking?
      viks rim is the same width as valks and sidewnders

Comment

Could it be a Starfire? The time frame seems about right.

Comment

I second the viking. I think they are larger rimed then the valk.
          "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
          -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

And a lower case "l" can look a lot like an upper case "I" !
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
              And a lower case "l" can look a lot like an upper case "I" !
              viks and valks both have 1.9 cm rim width(pdga tech site) and the code for viking is vk . just dug out an orc, valk, viking, starfire, and 1x beast (i forgot i had) i'm pretty sure it's a beast. i guess the pbr made it a little tough to tell last nite
              Last edited by dan mc; December 28th, 2010, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Vikings back then were labeled 'vg' i still have a few. I think it was either a beast or starfire. Starfires and beast came out in 2003 and the valks did change from 'vk' to 'vl', but i thought it was later. It is hard to tell between the beast, starfire and viking.

The viking does have a smaller rim than the beast and starfire. From the edge of the rim of the viking toward the inside it has a gradual incline (30 degrees) about 3/4 of the way then it climbs dramatically (45 degrees) after that. The starfire does not have that dramatic change in the rim until about 7/8 of the way and the beast even less than that.

Of course i am no expert, but i would guess beast first then starfire.
                WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

pretty sure the starfire was a series disc around that time- pretty sure the beast was not.

Comment

I have a 2005 WSS yellowish champ starfire. I can post pix later if you need.
                    Hukin since 1992
                    DGOD #115

Comment

there are no ce beasts.

Comment

sorry, thought i read ce.

Comment

I had to go check my stack and I have two of these. It's likely a cfr Starfire-L. The s is written kind of funny so I could see how it might be mistaken for a v. Ink is written on the rim on mine.

Comment

time to dig out a sl for comparison. at least i've been re discovering some cool plastic that i sorta forgot i had. sad thing is i've only been playing for 3 years and i have way too much plastic. time to stop buying new and recycle some of the old. sorry mando's ,chainbangers and dalaiwood pro shops, your gonna have to survive without my $80+ a month...........yeah right SHINEY NEW PRETTIES

Comment

Originally posted by wilt View Post
                              I had to go check my stack and I have two of these. It's likely a cfr Starfire-L. The s is written kind of funny so I could see how it might be mistaken for a v. Ink is written on the rim on mine.
                              Yup mine too. But its not like a SL right?
                              Hukin since 1992
                              DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X