X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innova's Wahoo and Vulcan

Being the plastic addict that iam, I just received my Pre-Release Prototype Vulcans and Proto Wahoo's. Has any one thrown any of these yet? Any reports?

Where did you hear about them?
    Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

The Wahoo is already available for general sale: http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_d...duct.php?p=577
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

less chit chat and more reports please

Comment

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums...hp?f=5&t=20364
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

My thoughts on the Wahoo
            Conditions:
            48 degrees
            Mostly sunny
            No precipitation
            Wind: West at 21mph with Gusts 30mph
            Humidity: 47%

Observations:
            Throw 1: Downwind RHBH
            Distance: 25’
            I underestimated the stickiness of this disc the throw went straight into a cement curb bounced and skidded on asphalt for about 5 feet. Disc now has dings in flight plate and on edge where it hit the curb.

Throw 2: Upwind RHBH
            Distance: 150’
            Better but Once again the stickiness of this disc caused unwanted griplock which resulted in a less then favorable result.

Throw 3: Crosswind from right RHBH
            Distance: 200’
            Better distance by this time probably because by this time the disc had a light coat of dust.

Throw 4: Crosswind from right RHBH
            Distance: 275’ with a 25' roll for 300'
            Once I solved the sticky disc issue, this disc really flew.

Other observations:
            The disc plastic is very soft be careful around trees and other hard surfaces (it’s R-Pro so chance are you already knew that).
            You can tame the stickiness of this disc with a liberal coat of dust or chalk on either your hand or the disc.
            I don’t know whether it was the weather conditions, the disc, the way I threw it, or a combination of those factors but this disc like to roll.
            I can’t wait for this disc to come out in more durable plastic.
            Throw What You Know.
            "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
            PDGA# 45989

Comment

Rumor has it that its uber flippy thrown RHBH. I was told its like an anti-destroyer or anti-maxx in flight thrown RHBH. If so I'd like to try 1 for nice controllable anti-hyzers..mabe?
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

This thing is flippy!

I knew it was going to be flippy, so I released with an extreme hyzer. It still flipped to roller 75' out of my hand.

The only use for this disc is for new players w/out snap.
                A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

The grip of the wahoo is something like silly putty, I imagine in torential downpours your still not gonna lose grip. The Vulcan has a very sharp leading edge and really flat top. The flight #'s indicate that both have a high degree of turn and a forward fade. I will field test the champion Vulcan today. Oh and by the way the Vulcan is a prerelease Innova disc raising money for the Asia Open next year. Im pretty sure only around 330+ champion vulcans were produced with weight ranges from the 150's to 175.

Comment

Originally posted by maynard View Post
                    The grip of the wahoo is something like silly putty, I imagine in torential downpours your still not gonna lose grip. The Vulcan has a very sharp leading edge and really flat top. The flight #'s indicate that both have a high degree of turn and a forward fade. I will field test the champion Vulcan today. Oh and by the way the Vulcan is a prerelease Innova disc raising money for the Asia Open next year. Im pretty sure only around 330+ champion vulcans were produced with weight ranges from the 150's to 175.
                    Yay ordered two 156-159.9 champ Vucans today from Hereo discs. Can't wait to give them a whirl.

Cindy
                    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

thought to be pdga approved you had to produce 500 or something?

Comment

pdga technical standards pdf - "(14) be of a production-type disc available commercially to the public in numbers of at least 500"

Comment

pdga approved or not this disc(vulcan)screams! Maybe the "pre-release prototype" explains it?

Comment

Interesting~so does this mean a whole bunch of unique discs that we have been playing with for years are not pdga approved? Certain mixes of plastics, variations of molds, prototypes? All disc manufactures experiment i would imagine, and their team members test them in competitions? This could be a whole new box of worms if you really "pressed" the topic. Could this mean stripping people of their titles, invalidating scores/wins? Is this the next disc golf conspiracy theory or is this just nothing of any signifigance? Well, i can only where this might go~
                            Oh and by the way-Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, whatever your into I hope it treats you well and that you enjoy it~Maynard...

Comment

I believe it only applies to molds not plastics?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X