Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side note. When I first bought Skeeters for an event from Innova, they came marked on the back HOB.
    I wonder if they were giving the name, "Hobbit", a try and got shot down by the Tolkien folks?
    Hobbit would be more specific to Tolkien than Vulcan would be to Roddenberry.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
      Side note. When I first bought Skeeters for an event from Innova, they came marked on the back HOB.
      I wonder if they were giving the name, "Hobbit", a try and got shot down by the Tolkien folks?
      That's awesome.
      Could also have been Hobgoblin?
      They got away from that naming line though...
      No, not a stan lee trademark problem. :-)
      When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Threw my champion vulcan for the first time today and even though it feels like a beefy katana it is not. I got a 158 thinking that the lighter weight would be great brand new, but when i threw it with some good hyzer at about a 45 degree angle it flipped over and continued to that flight all 300 feet. It may be a great roller and there are plenty of shots i need that vulcan for, but it was not what i expected as far as how understable it was. I guess i need to get a 175g and even a glow one as well so i can test those.
        WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Those Tolkien folks would be only one guy...Saul Zance. He bought the rights from the Tolkien family for merchandise and, oh yea films. He's also the guy who sued John Fogerty for plagiarizing CCR...hobgoblin would have worked though.
          educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
            Threw my champion vulcan for the first time today and even though it feels like a beefy katana it is not. I got a 158 thinking that the lighter weight would be great brand new, but when i threw it with some good hyzer at about a 45 degree angle it flipped over and continued to that flight all 300 feet. It may be a great roller and there are plenty of shots i need that vulcan for, but it was not what i expected as far as how understable it was. I guess i need to get a 175g and even a glow one as well so i can test those.
            Even the max weight glow champ vulcans are super flippy. Basically flies like a really fast sidewinder or something. Made for mortals, big arms need not apply.

Comment

Hob

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
              That's awesome.
              Could also have been Hobgoblin?
              They got away from that naming line though...
              No, not a stan lee trademark problem. :-)
              they already have a Goblin.

Comment

The Skeeter was indeed going to be named the Hobbit. Notice that the stamp on the Goblin looks very Gollum-esque.

I'm not sure if Innova asked to use it and got shot down or just decided that it wasn't worth the hassle to even try.
                We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

A 158 Champion Vulcan fell into my mailbox, smelling a bit like reindeer today. I'll wait until warm weather to say how I like it. I know it looks fast.
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

It will be a little more flippy than you think. I dont have a big arm like some of the other pros, but the brand new 158 i had flipped over quite a bit and stayed there. It does have a place in the bag so it stays for the moment.
                    WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

In my experience the Vulcan is pretty much a Katana clone. It will go straighter but still just flippy flippy flippy for me. Going to try to salvage it by rolling or over-handing.
                      FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X