X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, i will be the first to say it,

the Wahoo is the STUPIDEST disc name i have ever heard of!!!!! i mean come on. who in the world thought that it was a good idea to name a disc "the wahoo"?

Innova i know you can do better than that, come on now.

oh and to sort of be on topic, i have never thrown either of these discs and probable never will.
    Team HOSER:dancing:
    Team OLY:cheerleader:
    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      The Wahoo is already available for general sale: http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_d...duct.php?p=577
      Or....support ur local retailer...i have ten first run wahoos left im near pierpark.....503 960 2978....sausage guy...peace
      sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

How did Innova name their disc the "Vulcan". I would think that Mr. Roddenberry's heirs might be interested in the use of his intellectual property without compensation. If there was compensation- well, I guess Innova is making more money than I thought.

Then you add in the XB collectors only disc and it looks like a decent marketing campaign.
        What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Comment

If you have ever fished in the oceans of the tropics/sub-tropics and hooked onto a "Ono" and seen the thing skipping across the water at bullet speed than you would understand the reasoning of the name "Wahoo". But, I do agree if the name(Wahoo)stood by itself with no reference or context than yes it would be a stupid name.

Comment

Originally posted by The Course Bro View Post
            How did Innova name their disc the "Vulcan". I would think that Mr. Roddenberry's heirs might be interested in the use of his intellectual property without compensation. If there was compensation- well, I guess Innova is making more money than I thought.
            Dear lord, did you really think that Star Trek invented the word "Vulcan"??
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Oh boy look what the mail lady just brought. Two new shinny Asia Open Innova champion Vulcans 159 & 160 I might just have to find time to get a round in tomorrow morning to try these out.

Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
              Stumptown #176
              PDGA #37716

Comment

Innova would have to compensate the heirs of the ancient Romans. Vulcan was the god of fire and metalworking.
                Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

Hey Cindy, if those don't work out for ya, maybe keep me in mind for a trade!
                  Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

I actually think Wahoo is the perfect name for the disc; a super fast disc that stays near the surface of the water (floats). Not all that hard to see the similarities between the disc and the fish

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                      Dear lord, did you really think that Star Trek invented the word "Vulcan"??
                      LOL, I did. I guess I will google it now.

Comment

what are the flight numbers on the vulcans? and has anyone thrown them yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanajanes View Post
                          what are the flight numbers on the vulcans? and has anyone thrown them yet?

Speed 13; glide of 5; turn of (-4) and fade of 2

I got to try mine out today at Pier. Seemed really similar to my r-pro kantana, but a little more stable. So far I am pretty pleased with it.

Cindy
                          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

does anyone know if they are selling vulcans anywhere in portland?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanajanes View Post
                              does anyone know if they are selling vulcans anywhere in portland?
                              as far as i know regular production starts in january....yes ill have first runs call or pm and ill hook u up i live by pier park
                              sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_(mythology)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X